Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone replaced a remote module in an Outback?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mtnbob

mtnbob

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Spartanburg SC

Posted 30 August 2007 - 02:56 PM

I would like to switch out my remote module from my old 97 Outback to my new 96 one. Both have power locks. I see the module under the dash. Is it hard to remove and rewire? Bunched of wires not sure if i'm getting myself in over my head. Any suggestions?
:eek:

#2 xrturbo

xrturbo

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • allentown

Posted 30 August 2007 - 09:35 PM

It shouldn't be hard for those years.The module just plugs in. If you are swapping the wiring they both should have the wiring that runs jumpers into the drivers front door and all of the wiring is in plain sight.Did the car that you are installing into orig. have keyless? In 96 and 97 the systems kind of seemed like an afterthought the way they were installed and wired. Kind of funny you asked this when I just had to cut a harness out of a 96 Outback to replace the hacked harness that was in my car.

#3 mtnbob

mtnbob

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Spartanburg SC

Posted 30 August 2007 - 09:58 PM

well my 97 that i'll be getting rid of soon came with it, and the 96 i just bought didn't. It has the programming reset button up in the wiring, but not box like what was in my 97. i was kinda hoping it was easy plug in but there are a ton of wires up there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users