Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

funky idle...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Danbob99

Danbob99

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 374 posts
  • Brier, Washington

Posted 07 December 2003 - 03:01 AM

Well, i just got my car, and i've noticed that the thing idles like crap. Generaly that indicated worn iginition part, but all of mine have been replaced or are in good shape. The car's idle sitting in park, neutral, whatever bounces around from 600- to 1200. It shakes enough to make the hula doll on my dash go nuts.

I have another problem that when driving my car will hit a certint speed, and the car starts to rhythmicly vibrate, like a bulge in the same place of all four tires, happens at 45 and 75mph.

Any suggestions any body?

#2 Skip

Skip

Flatuous Blather

• 8,991 posts
  • Latrobe, Pennsylvania

Posted 07 December 2003 - 09:21 AM

see subject line
My suggestion is to list the
1) year
2) engine type
3) fuel system employed
Sure sounds like a bad IAC but it could be EGR related also.
Possibly knackered vacuum fitting or even ....

The wobble could be a broken belt in a tyre, or a poorly balanced tyre (lost a wheel weight possibly)
tryin' ta help but the Great Carnac I'm not (whew that's showin my age, "The answer is....")

#3 Danbob99

Danbob99

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 374 posts
  • Brier, Washington

Posted 07 December 2003 - 05:29 PM

It's an 89' gl turbo fuel injected, has 84 k miles on it, and not alot of work done, but some needed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users