Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Frankenwagon suspension build-up

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#51 SubaruJawn

SubaruJawn

Imprezed

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Franklin,PA 16323

Posted 26 November 2007 - 03:52 PM

one awsome lookin Loyale/GL. i was thinking of doing some of that. but i already started making her into a monster. (so far monster stuff didnt cost me anything)

but first i gotta get body Repaired. and mechanical things.

Before Pic
Posted Image

Now Pic
Posted Image

#52 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

WileE Coyote Super Genius

• Members
  • 2,943 posts
  • West Des Moines, IA

Posted 15 March 2009 - 12:15 AM

Hey chux just curious. What size tires did you have on it before. When you were running the 16" wheels from a impreza i believe.

#53 Numbchux

Numbchux

EJ conversion addict

• Members
  • 5,983 posts
  • Duluth, MN

Posted 15 March 2009 - 12:44 AM

Hey chux just curious. What size tires did you have on it before. When you were running the 16" wheels from a impreza i believe.

these?
Posted Image

stock WRX wheels and tires. 205/55r16 RE92s. my track tires are 225/55r16s (yes, they fit, even lowered. although rub on the rear trailing arms under hard cornering with the 16x6.5s. they'll be on 16x7s this year). streets are 215/45r17 and snows are 205/65r15.

#54 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

WileE Coyote Super Genius

• Members
  • 2,943 posts
  • West Des Moines, IA

Posted 15 March 2009 - 01:37 AM

Im looking to go 16x7 and was wondering what size tire to run where they didnt look to skiny on the rim and to wide to cause rubbing and sidewall sliceing. I will be at stock height though (for the moment:grin:)

#55 Numbchux

Numbchux

EJ conversion addict

• Members
  • 5,983 posts
  • Duluth, MN

Posted 28 October 2009 - 11:51 AM

funny wagon looks funny :confused:
Posted Image

swapping back to 4-lug. got the 3.9 rear end in, and 4-lug drums back on. obviously the gear ratios and tires don't match, so I left the rear axles out and locked the center, so it'll be FWD until I get the new engine/trans and front suspension swapped back.

took a picture of the miata shocks/coilover springs compared to the stock rear stuff:
Posted Image

car handles pretty goofy now....front sway bar is disconnected, turbo sedan rear bar. 250lb/in springs in the front, stock in the rear. RS 2-piston front brakes, GL drum brakes in the rear. 205/65r15 blizzaks on the front, 185/70r13 POS tires in the rear.....

also improved my work conditions. went to Northern tool and grabbed this 10'x20' canopy on sale:
Posted Image

and the parts car making it possible:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users