Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Swapping weber and manifold quick question

So I am in the middle of swapping out an ea81 manifold for an ea82 manifold, there are these 2 hoses on the front of the engine that I am not sure what to do with. (pics here) http://picasaweb.google.com/KurtAbersold/HosesForBRAT

I have had the hole in the manifold by the carb heli-arced shut and the hose barb that went to it is plugged. can somebody tell me what I need to do with these two hoses, I have searched the articles and came up empty.

Any help appreciated

thanks,

-Kurt

Both of those hoses are coolant hoses. The one that used to go to the base of the carb u need to eliminate cause the weber does not use it. It sounds like you already took care of preping the manifold now u just need to get rid of the line. Simply pull that cylinder like thing off the steel line and put a plug on it. The other one should just plug onto your EA82 manifold. If not i dont see harm in eliminating it as well. Also while your in there you might want to find out why you have all that oil on the top of the engine. Chances are the oil fill tube is leaking. If that doesnt make sense shoot me a PM or something and I'll see if i can explain it better.