Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Congratulations!!!

I had my next major milestone set at 200,000 miles planned for sometime next fall. But now I can look forward to being multicultural and celebrating this spring when I hit 300,000 km.

You just have to love that Subaru 2.2 :-)

Originally posted by Commuter

97 Outback... ~227,000 miles (365,000 km). Second engine though :-\

Still only half way to what I put on my 85 Civic over 14.5 years... And that was one engine, never opened, and original clutch. :headbang:

Commuter

Holy moly:D

P.S. Yuengling is good:headbang:

Originally posted by archemitis

i think the only reason they die is poor treatment.

Even with somewhat apethetic treatment they seem to run forever. I'm aproaching 175,000 miles on my '97 and I do not baby it.

Originally posted by kevinsUBARU

P.S. Yuengling is good :headbang:

It certainly is :drunk:

i have a subaru 1600, 70's model wagon, original motor, dont know about the clutch and what not though.

It has now done 1,195,000 km's and still runnning.

Its burning a lot of oil these days, but hey it can consume as much as it likes as far as im concerned, its more than earned it.

Even survived hitting a kangaroo at 110kph, this car refuses to die.

Originally posted by adge_082

i have a subaru 1600, 70's model wagon, original motor, dont know about the clutch and what not though.

It has now done 1,195,000 km's and still runnning.

Its burning a lot of oil these days, but hey it can consume as much as it likes as far as im concerned, its more than earned it.

Even survived hitting a kangaroo at 110kph, this car refuses to die.

That is great!!! 742,538 miles. Any pics? How long have you had it?

vwbuge - to keep this from hijacking this thread too bad, you got email

Ill get a pic of it this weekend and post a link, my whole family has been through it, Dad had it from new, then my sis, now me.

Its in fair nic too, seats are all still ok, although the driver seat has been replaced. dash is all cracked, everything still works fine in it though, and i still have the original user manual and service books hahaha.

I'm at 106,000 on my '95 Legacy. Just getting broken in! 40,000 of that was since I got it just about two years ago, but I'll probably be moving to Texas (2,000 miles one-way) and traveling back home to Kansas often from there (1,000 miles round trip from Dallas), so it won't be long.

Entire list of problems:

-Clutch needed to be replaced at 90,000 due to an oil leak and my not knowing how to drive a manual when I got it.

-Something or other wrong with an axle from sliding sideways into a curb after a Kansas ice storm.

• 4 months later...
Wooohooo! My odo rolled past 300,000 kilometers yesterday, bit of a milestone, for us Euros.

Caught it on film, too. I am sooo pathetic :D

Did I mention that it was at 90 mph? :banana:

I hit it!!!

186,411 miles on the odometer over the weekend and still running strong :D

Should be getting up to 200k sometime this fall/winter.

A friend of mine in VT has a 97 OB wagon with 192,000 miles. She says the mechanics treat it with reverence.....
391,000 km (~243,000 miles) on my 97 OB. Second engine however. :-\

Still a long way from the 712,000 km (~442,000 miles) I put on my 85 Civic.

Commuter

Well done, 'Crest!

I have sold my Legacy, at 309k KM. Reluctantly, though. I wanted to sell it while it still held some value, and also pass on a car in very good condition, that will serve it's next owner faithfully. I do too many miles, and would have caught up to many major repairs within the next year. New owner won't reach those before the poor thing rusts away.

My replacement is a four year old Impreza, which had done just 40k miles when I bought it...only 45 now, two months later. Newer, and shinier it may be, but it doesn't have the lovely sound of an unburstable EJ22 :-(