Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Labor Day weekend wheelin'

TeamCF

Did a little exploring over the weekend around Lolo Pass and a little just outside Estacada.

Didn't get any pics of the rock climb that smashed my cat but here are a few pics I did get.

hilltop1.jpg

tweaked1.jpg

mudnose1.jpg

The last pic has me thinking it's time for diff breathers and an intake snorkle. I should have checked the depth of the mud puddle on the other end as well. :)

Nice ford focus with foglights.:-\ :confused:

I used it alot on forest roads at night before I bought the Subaru.

And it sees cross country trips as well. I find them to be way better than the tiny streetracer style fogs. Worked well in the desert in Arizona last winter.

It also has a large skidplate for when I hit rocks. (saved my oil pan a few times)

Don't use it "off road" so much any more though.

Thats what the Subaru is for now. :)

You should add these to the poster post Scott has done in the off road section. Nice ride.

Thanks! :)

Best part of it is I can go out and roll around in the woods for a few hours, cover almost 100 miles, and only use about $8 in gas. I love that little 1.8.

I'll go check that out.

That pic with the water/dirt lines on the hood looks like a fantanstic beging to a camo paintjob...

I almost painted it camo.

But the cans of camo colors were kinda spendy and I thought I'd need a ton of paint. Turns out I only used 8 cans of $1.99 budget stuff (I bought about 30 cans, but my girlfreind wants me to paint her car now to, so I'll use it). Coulda went for the camo.

But flat black tends to hold on to the dirt (I scrubed that hood twice), so It will proly look camo after awhile. :)

I based my amount of paint on SCC's article when they painted a new STI flat black. They used like 22 cans. They also got into doors and such and used 2 coats. I did the fast mask and shoot, one coat deal. Holding up really good though. Except where I missed spots with the sander.