Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

EA81 O2 sensor retrofit Q

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dfoyl

dfoyl

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Victoria, Australia

Posted 08 September 2007 - 02:57 AM

I'm working on retrofitting SPFI to my EA81 Brumby (Brat), and one of the pre-requisites is hooking up the o2 sensor for feedback. Problem is, we didn't get any EA81 or EA82 vehicles down under with SPFI, only MPFI on late (1990+) 2wd sedans.

Does anyone have a photo of where the factory position for the o2 sensor goes on a EA81 with the US-fitted feedback carb setup ?

I don't believe I can fit a MPFI L-series exhaust setup to an Brat, but if anybody's done it I'd be glad to hear from them!

TIA.

Dean.

#2 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 20,281 posts
  • Portland

Posted 08 September 2007 - 12:05 PM

I have an EA82 y-pipe on my Brat - had to grind some on the cat's heat shield to make it fit but otherwise it's fine.

Alternatively you could just put an O2 bung at the crotch of the y-pipe - that's where they are on SPFI's.

GD

#3 dfoyl

dfoyl

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Victoria, Australia

Posted 08 September 2007 - 10:08 PM

>>I have an EA82 y-pipe on my Brat - had to grind some on the cat's heat shield to make it fit but otherwise it's fine.

:banana: Thanks GD!

Dean.

#4 jono

jono

New User

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Southern Hemisphere - AUS

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:49 PM

I am guessing by now you may have worked out a Y pipe off an mpfi L Series will have an O2 sensor and fits in a Brumby. I've done it recently now just needa reader to go with it.

Dean, did you give up or is Tweetys set up excess to your requirements ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users