Ultimate Subaru Message Board

any else make it to the Primitive rally school

mellow65

i had a great time today. I got paired up with Jamie aka subie gal and she was a hoot. I have never been yelled at so much to get on it, get on it, get on it in my life.

If anyone ever was thinking of doing it, do it, so much seat time great nice people and you may even surprise yourself.

Like me, in the final graduation lap of the course i put away a good chunk of the pack. Including an STI a bunch of WRXs and a hand full of everything else. And thats me being in a 90 legacy with 181k on the clock.

Out of 30+ i had the third fastest time, the first smacked a gate and added 10 secs to his time and the second person won by like 4 tenths of a second. So overall second isn't a bad place to be for your first time out.

and if you did go I will see you out at the rally cross tomorrow morning.

Sister7 was there in her RX. I was there in my blue Impreza (#044), cfwdfw was there in his red Legacy GT. GLCraigGT was there in the afternoon taking pics with his new camera. Look us up tomorrow at the rallycross. Yes, I had a great time too. So what was your time?

Sister7 was there in her RX. I was there in my blue Impreza (#044), cfwdfw was there in his red Legacy GT. GLCraigGT was there in the afternoon taking pics with his new camera. Look us up tomorrow at the rallycross. Yes, I had a great time too. So what was your time?

if sister7 had the ej20 powered rx she was in my group, cool little car and nice gal, i saw your your impreza and the red legacy gt. my time was 1:34.7 (can't remember the hundredth mark. the red gt i think had a time of 1:34.4 and then the white evo had a 1:31 but he smacked a gate.

I was the one in the blue legacy that done for stage rally. i know i know what people think done for rally that should be quick. well it's set up for PTG witch means stock drive train and mainly all you can do is safety stuff. The only thing I have done to it really was a stock WRX suspension and some normal old street tires.

But because it is what it is I have to run modified class, I'm putting the rally tires on this morning.

See you all out there.

I was out there today and had a great time! My two brothers and myself ran our 1990 sedan stock everything except for WRX struts and springs, brakes and 16" rims with CRAPPY tires.

I was 2nd one out in the 2nd group and of course suffered the WET SLICK CRAP and got a 2:36! Then the next run I got a 1:45. Had I not been in Time Only, I would have been pissed.........:mad: The last run I got a ? with 6 cones, I ended up going wide and just went for the big drifts on all the corners.

My two brothers also had a blast. My youngest brother popped the bead on his last run and we barely got the tire back on the rim for the LAST run of the morning and my middle brother got a 1:44 clean.

It was awesome to be out there with my brothers, as the youngest one is moving to Hawie and this was the last real family time we will have for a few years.

As for the Legacy, it is getting a built 2.2 turbo with DOHC heads, and either the Supercharger treatment, or turbocharger, or both........ Oh yeah, and some tires. :lol:

getting 4th was kind of cool, but then i got thinking about it, how many M4 were there, maybe 4. :lol: Oh well still fun none the less.
Lots more than 4 running in M4. If they handed out awards 4 deep you can bet that there were more than 10 in class. You'll see when the scores are posted; if I remember correctly it was a pretty large field running yesterday. I spent a long time in the field shagging cones during the early session.

I ended up going wide and just went for the big drifts on all the corners.

Pretty much my strategy all day sunday! It was a great course, and I had an absolute blast at the school. Jamie is the greatest, I think I'm definitely going back and requesting her. Besides, how could it possibly be bad when you've got mud on your roof within the first 5 minutes of rally school :clap:

Mud on your car ... I think i qualify for having the most after playing on the skid pad after the TSD on Saturday .... sadly I don't think anyone took pictures of my mud covered red legacy ...

you should have seen the look on the guy at the car wash .... but he did it ... went through twice to get most of it off .... :clap:

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Charlie

• 2 weeks later...
HAHA subie ***** had to ride in my old car bet she loved that lmao.

How do you like my old car?

she was nothing but nice to me and she was great to learn from.

she didn't remember the car till i refreshed her mind.

my new car put down a sti and a hand full of wrxs on saturday and i placed 4th out of 17 on my first rally cross ever.

here's a pic of sunday with the girl friend playing codriver

Sept-108.jpg