Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Looking for an Engine.... EA82

Okay....

I had an engine sound a while back and well now the engine won't turn over.

When I bought my '90 wagon(few months ago, 6500mi ago) it ran great and sounded great. Then without any warning a sound started... first a small ticky sound, then the ticky turned into a clackity(sp?), then crunchy/bangin' sound...... I was able to drive the 2 miles back home, seemed to have a surge of lost power every once in a while but it was the noise that scared me. I pulled into the driveway and shut it down..... Then turned it over only to hear the loudest metal banging/ tapping sound ever.... no lights came on, oil pressure was good, clean oil, clean coolent, fresh plugs, newer wires and dist cap/rotor.... No prior warning to this.

From people I've talked to at work, those I trust... figured I broke something, like a rod. Is this common? Has about 160K original, never rebuilt.

Basicly, I probably need a new or newer engine to toss in there.

Any one know of a good place to find one?? I can't really spend much more that $400-500 out of pocket right now. It's a EA82 EFI'ed motor.

Help:( I really suck a Subarus so more help the better!!

• 2 weeks later...

There is a place in Portland that might be able to help you called Japanees Engines 1-800-333-9889 They can get you a good deal or try the junk yards over there. Most junk yards will put a 60 to 90 day warenty on there motors. Hope this helps ya

I have a low miles Carbed Motor long Block....?

You can put your Cams and intake on it, and your good to go.....

I'm In Eugene, But will be coming through Portland on Friday and could Haul it up there to you...?

150.00 sound fair....?

Call me today if you can, I'll give you paticulars on the motor.......

Later, John

541-729-8490

hmmm if he doesnt take that long block I may John (hmmm any chance you could drop my rear disk brakes and wheels at Jasons house if you are up there? :D, Andrew said he sent your money down to you with Austin)

Anyway if he doesnt take the long block I would like to ask for second in line. My GL is loosing coolant somewhere and I fear a head could be bad :( It would be nice to toss in a new block while I do a diagnosis.

(is this considered hijacking? Its on the same topic)