Ultimate Subaru Message Board

tire size question

With no lift, its goingt o be tight with anything taller than a 60 series tire. I run 185/75/14 (25 inch tire). I have good fender clearance, but still, if I get going too fast when out playing around, the reartires rub everyonce in a while. I had 205/70/14s on there and the just rubbed like hell. Even on the street, every time I took any sort of a corner they rubbed.

I can't say for an ea82, but i know on my brat with a 3 inch lift i have 215/75/15s, they are about 27.7 inches in diameter, im not sure about the width, but with the offset of my toyota rims they do just fine. Of course i had to do some fender trimming and then beat the rear of the wheel well back with a hammer, but im deifnelty satisfied now. Don't know if that helps but i thought i would just voice my opinion.

if it's mainly sandy and sand running the wider is better. gives you more float. not to mention in soft sand you really need to air down to like 10 psi or so.

A/T tires are best for sand running, mainly because they don't dig as much and you stay afloat. if you have dunes around i'd recommend around a 26" tall tire or smaller. just for the fact i know the 27.5" tires i have take to much hp and also a lot more stress on struts and parts. if your front end leaves the ground.

just my 2 cents.