Ultimate Subaru Message Board

how hard is it to change the clutch in.....

my 79 wagon.

I just bought this thing 2 months ago and gotta replace the clutch.. Ive done stuff like this before .. but just on my yotas never a subaru.. any tips or anything subaru specfic that I need to know about..I have not book just goin by my automotive know how..but what are the tourque specs for the plate and what not:burnout:

BTW ill take pics of it this weekend its not a bad car for 50 bucks... :clap:

its easy! The easiest way to do it is to remove the engine (which sounds like a lot but its not). First off, unbolt the y-pipe from the bottom of the engine. Then remove the radiator and hoses from the front of the engine bay. Then disconnect the 2 heater hoses, throttle cable, disty wires, alternator wires, main engine harness (2 small plugs), clutch cable and pitch stopper. Then unbolt the tranny and engine from one another, unbolt the engine from the crossmember and pull it out. Replace clutch and stuff it back in just the opposite of removal:banana: Fairly simple really, I can have that engine out of there in 20 minutes:headbang: