Ultimate Subaru Message Board

'70 FF1 Coupe JY N/E Calif.

While looking for other parts I found this '70 Subaru at a junk yard in Susanville CA. Go here for picts: http://picasaweb.google.com/dpdarnell/JYFF1SubaruCoupe02

It looks to be pretty complete and without much damage and a high desert car with little rust. Wife says I can't have it, :mad: too many toys in the yard now. If interested PM me.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you guys don't get it,I might.

Buyer will posess one of only a handfull left as we know it.

Too complete to mess with.

I have New Old Stock for this car. ;) Between us we should have exhaust pieces,light lenses,bumpers,switches,gauges,some ornaments,carb parts,brake parts,etc....

I will be glad to help dig this car out of the yard. They are basically a salvage yard for a towing co. and don't do any dismantleing, just let folks go in and get part like a pnp yard and crush. This one is so rare nothing has been taken. The interior is very rough and the front bumper needs repair or replaced, the pass. side door handle is broken, and the outside vent covers behind the rear windows are missing. I have an extra bedroom if you need to stay over. I will be off line this week end, 50th class reunion:banana: .

Mike; the car is safe for now, their crusher is down and they are short of help. I will contact the yard and check on the particulars of getting it and post later today.

Wow.

worknwood, did you talk to the yard owner about purchasing the car complete? alot of private junk yards in CA arent willing to do the paperwork required to sell a junked car.

Whoever is interested, i can assist in recovering the vehicle and getting it down the hill to Sacramento. Just need to find a 3/4 ton pickup and i have access to car trailers at work. This is definatly a car that needs to be restored.

alot of private junk yards in CA arent willing to do the paperwork required to sell a junked car.

+1 on the need for saving this one!! Heck, if the owner needs some "coercing" I'd probably be able to chip in a little $$ if needed... not a lot but it'd be worth it to me to see that car saved

Steve lets see if i can make room in the garage for a '79 Wagon ;) been thinking alot about it lately. But do i really need another project?

If anything, it shouldnt be hard to get it in good enough condition to drive to a potential buyer in the surrounding states.

Anyhow, let me know what you find out about the JY up there. Susanville is a couple hour drive, the extraction will take a full day.

-Brian

Well it looks like Kostamojen is "the man" on this car. He is the first to come up with a solid commitment to buy.

I didn't get a call back from the junkyard today, so I'm not sure about how the paper work will go. Will call again in the morning and post any new info. I did buy a rolled brat (whole car) from them and will have to get a salvage title for it if I can get it repaired.

No, they gave me a bill of sale and a transfer and reassignment form Filled out for the car. I understand that a salvage vehicle must pass safety inspections (lights, brakes,etc.) for road worthiness and smog and then you apply with these and a the bill of sale, and the DMV form above for a new title. It will be a salvage title, which may affect it's value as a collector car, but probably not much for this car. I am working on an '80 Toyota pickup that my grandson totaled and I baught back the salvage for $59 from the insurance co., it will require the same. My grandson was paid off and I get the pickup for cheap. Not counting my time of course.:dead:

Darrell