Ultimate Subaru Message Board

'70 FF1 Coupe JY N/E Calif.

Oh boy,here we go :rolleyes: ........

http://cgi.ebay.com/EBBRO-1-43-SUBARU-1100-FF-1-69-2Dr-WHITE_W0QQitemZ230173045447QQihZ013QQcategoryZ223QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

a43846a.jpg

BTW,I know I have at least one of those side rear pillar vent covers. And for sure there's a grill there for you. You're gonna get a thrill out of those and hopefully an emblem/badge if there's an extra.

Thinking about the bumpers,yes,the re-do shops will dip it deep and pull it up fast so you get the thicker coat. And compared to the "from Japan" bumpers they'd look like a '57 Caddy instead of a 70's Nippon Auto. Well,we'll see what happens. If there's an extra and you feel its cheap enough you might even want to score mine and get them re-dipped 'n buffed. No rubber pads on those bumpers like the '72 and later Sedans and Wagons. Easy to work with.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I share this nice man's sentiments. And between all the warped love we have here,and minimal parts resources,we will all help to make this car the showpiece of the Historic Forum. :headbang:

Still willing to put some money down so I can own a piece of history..

hmmm..what's 1% of priceless???

BW :grin:

I have owned several FF1's from the mid 70's when i got my license till the early 90's when i got rid of my 1300g sports coupe, the last 2 years i have been scouring the world market in trying to find a car to replace the 1300g sport, seen a few pictures of them in japan on vintage rally runs but can't seem to find a contact of someone to see if any are for sale. One day i might succeed in my quest, as to you kosta good luck in your find and hope the resto goes very well and if you need any information as to how something goes together or how to rebuild something let me know as 2 of the FF1's i have had, i had rebuilt them from scratch. My direct email is

tezjulz@pacific.net.au

PS i have just ordered the three colours of the models that are on ebay to go with the other 3 model i have at home, just need to wait till the 1300 is released.

Cheers and good luck,

Thierry

I have owned several FF1's from the mid 70's when i got my license till the early 90's when i got rid of my 1300g sports coupe, the last 2 years i have been scouring the world market in trying to find a car to replace the 1300g sport, seen a few pictures of them in japan on vintage rally runs but can't seem to find a contact of someone to see if any are for sale. One day i might succeed in my quest, as to you kosta good luck in your find and hope the resto goes very well and if you need any information as to how something goes together or how to rebuild something let me know as 2 of the FF1's i have had, i had rebuilt them from scratch. My direct email is

tezjulz@pacific.net.au

Awesome! I just might take you up on that at some point :) Thanks!

It,s been a few days sense we have posted the progress of the FF1 delivery, so I thought I would recap from my end of things. I had trailer problems after leaving the junk yard and had to spend a couple of days on the trailer. Was ready to go for thursday and we had a rain forcast for the area, first of the season. At issue, I-5 from north of Woodland, south to Bakersfield is covered with a layer of tomato juice from the summer harvest, add a little rain and you have the worlds longest slip-and-slide:lol: . Other Highways are not as bad, but not a good time to travel. Saturday morning I have roadside clean-up duty with Elks Lodge 2626:clap: , and then We will be on our way to Roseville to take the FF1 to Kostamojen. I should have it in his hands by 5:00 P.M. :burnout:

The woodworker with a Subaru habit.

Got the car a little while ago!

Thanks for all your help again worknwood!!! :)

It definatly needs some work... Ill post some pictures in a new thread here shortly.

I had a lot of fun getting this little car out of the junk yard and to you Kostamojen, my wife even got excited about it after a while. I am sure it's landed in the right hands, and will give you a lot of headaches and a lot of pleasure. I too am eager to see the car as you progress and complete the restoration.

The woodworker with a subaru habit.