Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

I miss my GL

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Flowmastered87GL

Flowmastered87GL

WCSS Drunk

• Members
  • 6,088 posts
  • Portland, Oregon

Posted 14 September 2007 - 12:22 PM

dont get me wrong... I love the baja.... its had almost 21000 trouble free miles in just a little over 2 years. (ok other than the rear lighter not working and a taillight in the tailgate burning out.... WARRANTY!!)

But driving around 5 days a week around the PNW I see old school wagons rolling around everywhere. There is just a certain charm to an EA82. (even if my freightliner CAN pass them on a steep grade when I am empty)

No I am not going to buy one yet... the house and remodeling bills associated with it come first. But maybe after the fence and central air are in.

I will consider rejoining the old school side :banana:

Thinking maybe this time an 88 GL with a 3 inch lift? :clap:

I cant rallycross anymore as I rarely get sunday off. (I can by request... hell I got today off because I worked my tail off the last 2 weeks) I live in emissions land so it would be nice not to deal with a carb anymore (weber or not)

Feel free to shoot suggestions, encouragement, whatever...

For those who dont know.... the old GL with 321K... RIP :(

Posted Image

#2 hatchsub

hatchsub

Currently Subaru-less :(

• Members
  • 2,615 posts
  • Guilford

Posted 14 September 2007 - 06:36 PM

That thing looks damn good for that many miles. Gotta love the old subarus and their ability to run up the miles that high.:headbang:

#3 Subaru_dude

Subaru_dude

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,473 posts
  • Morristown, TN

Posted 14 September 2007 - 07:04 PM

Yeah that thing looks great. I think an 88' lifted wagon would be SWEET. Nothing catches more attention than a station wagon with a foot of clearance sitting on muddies. I'm waiting for the perfect d/r EA82 wagon to lift. You should definitely go for it. There's no maybe to it, someday you'll be part of the old-gen again.

#4 Bucky92

Bucky92

Drive Fast, Take Chances

• Members
  • 3,664 posts
  • New Milford

Posted 14 September 2007 - 07:22 PM

I know how you feel.. I also am looking for the right EA82 D/R to lift.. Love those wagons..always make me smile everytime I see one

#5 NV Zeno

NV Zeno

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,036 posts
  • Ponderosa Ranch, Nevada

Posted 14 September 2007 - 08:20 PM

You're always welcome over here Mike :), it'll be good to have ya back:lol: .

My Subaru driving season is starting soon, I might have a shot at catching your GL's mileage this year:rolleyes: .

#6 TeamCF

TeamCF

Rocker panel smasher

• Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • Sandy, OR

Posted 14 September 2007 - 10:13 PM

Get that house done and go for it! :)

I waited too many years to get an old GL.
Didn't even know what I was missing. Couldn't imagine not having one now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users