Ultimate Subaru Message Board

looking for the body wiring diagram for an 87 wagon

subynut

As the title says. My brother's roo managed to cook the main power feed for the ECU, snapped the clutch cable, killed the CTS and posibly the knock sensor,and fried somthing that is causing the 15A fuse for the tail light/dash light circuit to blow after a few seconds with the key on. I've inspected the wiring where the ecu power feed ran and I don't see any signs of shortage. I've checked http://ch601.org/engines.htm but, that only has the engine diagrams, not the body diagrams. Got's any ideas?

My bro wants to burn the car, my mom says crush it. Sombody help me save this rust free roo!!!!

As the title says. My brother's roo managed to cook the main power feed for the ECU, snapped the clutch cable, killed the CTS and posibly the knock sensor,and fried somthing that is causing the 15A fuse for the tail light/dash light circuit to blow after a few seconds with the key on. I've inspected the wiring where the ecu power feed ran and I don't see any signs of shortage. I've checked http://ch601.org/engines.htm but, that only has the engine diagrams, not the body diagrams. Got's any ideas?

My bro wants to burn the car, my mom says crush it. Sombody help me save this rust free roo!!!!

Wagon???

PM misledxcracker before it goes to the boneyard! if memory serves he is currently in Arizona, no clue how near or far from you..

Sorry, I don't have any wiring diagrams. :-\ I hate to seem like a vulture, but I saw that you were in AZ so I had to say something, since gloom and doom was being strewn about.

Finding shorts in wiring can be a MAJOR hassle, but it isnt impossible... how badly do you want to save this car, and how familiar with using a multimeter are you? I can try to help; but it is too late right now for me to write one of my book length posts about electricity that cover all sixty million bases, especially if you are familiar with a half dozen or so of those bases... you get my drift?

PS it really isnt THAT complex; just respond :)

Yes, short finding is a pain, but I have the electronics knowhow to fix it, just no diagrams to follow to trace the wiring. :-(

I've got a haynes, but that has diagrams for 80-83 but the book is good to 88:confused:

I also have 2 other chiltons, but they also have diagrams for either the EA81 or the legacy not for the ea82 even tho all three cover the mechanical parts for the EA82. :confused::confused::confused: They also have the engine wiring for the car, but not the body wiring. I've solved the engine wiring issues (that was easy). I'm still not quite sure how that happened......but, it apears that the wiring for the fuel pump managed to get into the clutch mecinism and cooked the clutch cable (meltdown of the plastic case), there were a few wires that had melted to the main ECU feed from the battery, most likely the CTS and knock sensor, cleaned up those. Engine is running, but it's got a cell for the knock sensor. That one could have been me, since the connector broke while I was fixing the other pices. I'll solder the wires together and see if that fixes the code.

Now, for the parking light circuit................... shure wish I had the diagrams for it........