Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82T, how much of this vacuum @#%$@*& do I actually need?

I just started tearing down an EA82T in preparation for a rebuild. Man there are a lot of *%@ vacuum lines. I am wondering how much of this crap I actually need to have a working engine.

I have read the post on Carbed EA82s

http://usmb.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7575&highlight=vacuum

and wonder what the differances would be with the Turbo version?

I have yet to really study the boring emmisions section in the FSM but I understand some of what I'm looking at is working to capture fuel vapors and not vacuum lines.

I will not be driving this vehicle daily so I will not loose much sleep over putting some HC's into the environment on occasion. Oregon has air that is too clean anyway.

i guess I am at this point being lazy in thinking about getting all those little tubes back to where they came and wonder how much of it I can ignore

I asked about this a few months back and no one knew, I talked with Adam NDJ adout it and this is his sys. for geting rid of them: Start pulling lines while the engine is warm and runin', if U pull it and it changes the way it runs cap it, if that dose not make it run better it needs it, if caping it makes it run smooth agen then move on to the next.;)

Wored for me, hope this helps.