Ultimate Subaru Message Board

what wheels fit a legacy.....

-schmitty-

working on finding bigger tires and wheels for 95 legacy...

I know the bolt pattern is 5x100, but it seems everything else in the world that uses a 5X100 is a chick car....

are there any small trucks, suvs, minivans, etc., that use a 5X100 that I can hunt for in a junkyard ???

planning on doing the impreza struts to get lift , then bigger tires and wheels....

BUICK SKYLARK 1989-ON 5x100

CHEVY CAVALIER, CORSICA / BERETTA 1989-ON 5x100

CHRYSLER SEBRING, CIRRUS 1996-ON 5x100

DODGE STRATUS, SHADOW, DAYTONA, GLH, SPIRIT, CARAVAN, NEON 1994-ON 5x100

OLDS SKYHAWK, ACHIEVA 1989-ON 5x100

PLYMOUTH NEON, SUNDANCE, BREEZE, ACCLAIM, VOYAGER 1994-ON 5x100

PONTIAC SUNFIRE, SUNBIRD, GRAND AM 1989-ON 5x100

SUBARU LEGACY, IMPREZA, OUTBACK WAGON, FORESTER 1990-ON 5x100

TOYOTA CELICA-ALL, CAMRY, NEW CELICA GT & GTS 1986-ON 5x100

VOLKSWAGEN GOLF 3, JETTA 3, PASSAT GLX, CORRADO, JETTA 4, GOLF 4, BEETLE 1992-ON 5x100

ask and ye shall recieve.I dont know if this this list is complete.However it should give some clue.No Idea what size the cars come with...

You can get cast off Impreza rims for about 200-300 a set w/tires.

They are 16 inch tires so your selection of tires is limited.

15 inch steelies are plentiful at J/Y and that also increases your selection of tires.

I am getting a set of Forester rims w/good tires Saturday for $250. They come w/225/60/16s. Not super huge but it's 1.75 inches larger diameter than the stock tires.

I plan to get a set of 15 inch steelies the next time the J/Y is having a 1/2 off sale.

BW

They are 16 inch tires so your selection of tires is limited.

Sadly, for those with anything other than 16" wheels, tires may become a "problem". 16" wheels are the future, all the new 4X4 trucks come with them, I have a large assortment of tires available to me, and the selection is only going to get better as time goes on. We kinda know 13" is dead, 14" soon to follow, 15's have been around a long time, and now 16's will take the lead.

I am running 205/75/15 in General Grabber AT2's on my 96 outback, and I had them on my Outback spring/strut lifted 92. That is about the extent you are gonna get under out of the OB suspension. I was told that the forester wheel have a little more offset that the legos but haven't confirmed this. I wouldn't run anything bigger than a 15 inch wheel. If you are going for the lift look you don't want to loose to much sidewall, if you go with anything bigger it will be a lower profile and it will end up looking like a matchbox car