Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Owners manual or Haynes for 95 Legacy

• 3 weeks later...

FWIW ... When I bought my '96 OBW 2 years ago, I wrote SOA via my.subaru.com and told them I had just purchased one of their vehicles but I had not receive an owner's manual, and I was wondering how I could get one. The next thing I knew was I had received a reply to my email saying, "A new manual is on the way" and 2 weeks later it was in my mailbox...no charge.

May have changed since, given that I recently asked for a way to get the maintenance booklet, and they said, "You can order one for $19.99 from this place...."

But ...

Might be worth a try.

«Note: If you are a Subaru vehicle owner, you can have free access to an electronic version of your vehicle's Owners Manual on the MySubaru web site: http://my.subaru.com. You will need to register on the site with your vehicle's VIN to gain access, but there is no fee involved. This web site provides beneficial information to Subaru owners and we encourage you to take advantage of this free service.»

Good reading!

Just had a look and found that they can only provide owner's manuals up to 1996.

But I would presume that the 95 and 96 models are very much alike.

I have a Haynes manual for my Legacy (96) and it only states differences with the 1994 model and previous.