Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Documented: The 1970 FF-1 Project car...

I'd go with the bilsteins, but i'm not sure if I need a super-duper shock... Plus, i'd want to use bilsteins front AND rear, and I just got those awesome Konis for the rear :P

If the gas-a-justs are the way to go with the KYB's, thats probably what i'll do.

all of those happen to be a real stiff truck shock. Out of all of them though, I'd go with the gas-a-just shocks since they are a little more friendly for that small of a car. The Monomax's are heavy duty truck shocks, I sell them and the KYBs at work.

I took a little trip to the blaster today to see how my car was doing and take some photos :)

ff1americanstrippingprocess1.jpg

ff1americanstrippingprocess2.jpg

ff1americanstrippingprocess3.jpg

ff1americanstrippingprocess4.jpg

ff1americanstrippingprocess5.jpg

ff1americanstrippingprocess7a.jpg

ff1americanstrippingprocess6.jpg

Now this photo is interesting, you can see the actual blasted surface, PLUS I didn't realize there was some FACTORY lead work in a couple locations! :eek:

ff1americanstrippingprocess8.jpg

I'm glad I paid the extra labor to have the undercoating removed, its showing some areas I couldnt see that well before, well worth it. The cost of this will be cutting into my paint budget though, so thats too bad.

Hopefully the bodywork cost doesn't skyrocket when I bring it by next week for a final estimate there...

Alright, its getting close to the point where I'm going to have to finalize my paint decision...

I put together a little photo with the four colors i've narrowed it down to (Honestly, I'm up in the air with any of them).

White is basically my default color, and depending on how the bodywork turns out, I might have to paint it a basic white...

HOWEVER, if all goes well, I should be able to use any color I want and have it turn out ok.

So here is the list of my choices... My question is, should I put it to a vote???

FF1colorchoices.jpg

coming from a background restoring old Mopars I've always felt that changing a car's color, especially when restoring the car, is robbing the car of its history. Even if it's a kinda lame color, you'll grow to love it. That while looks really good anyways (i.e. not a lame color), I say restore her to her original glorious white.

I like the white... Only because I want to paint my 74 coupe Orange!:grin:

I have posted this on another thread but thought I would post it here as well:

http://www.claussstudios.com/index.html

Repro plastic and rubber parts. May come in handy for the pieces you cannot locate for your FF-1 Kostamojen??

Cool link, that might come in handy soon. Thanks! :headbang: