Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Documented: The 1970 FF-1 Project car...

According to the '74 service manual, you have a vent on your fuel cap and just one hose to the intake with one little overflow bucket or something in the path.

For some reason, my car has a "wagon" setup in terms of the ventilation. Although mine doesn't have the fuel cap vent, its actually a different fuel cap all together so its hard to find one (I didn't want to drill it for that reason).

Kosta, i doubt that the fuel cap actually seals the tank 100% so run the system as you said but check to see if the fuel pump shuts down when it gets to pressure, but if the carb has an overflow pipe, route that back to the inlet side of the filter

Cheers Thierry

The carb doesn't have an overflow pipe. I have seen other IDF's with overflows, but those were only ones that were equipped on specific vehicles from the factory. The carbs themselves aren't sold with them.

Anyway, my crown jewel is ready to go, just waiting on cylinder heads to come back from the shop!

weberdone.jpg

Hummmm, I been wanting some MSD myself.:banana:

Edit: BTW, if I understand right, I'd want to run a return line at the carb with no regulator. To the tank would even be good. Hummmm?

Doug

Edited by Quidam

This is a Hitachi 4 Bore fuel inlet. Fuel in big one, the small one is drilled like a large carb jet on the return line.

picture.php?albumid=285&pictureid=3100

With something like this, and roll-over protection to shut the fuel pump off If I ever do that, takes care of those lines. Fuel return near the bottom of the tank is my preference.

Edited by Quidam

Been busy while waiting for the heads...

tachtest.jpg

hellahornsinstalled.jpg

I think the tach location needs some work, but I'm not sure exactly what to do about it.

Luckily the original speaker hole was EXACTLY the same size as this tach, so I just modified it a little and got it to fit in there rather well.

The horns I built some simple brackets for (just thick sheet metal drilled with the right holes) and they fit good too. I actually saw a photo of a car in japan with horns installed like this too.

I have all the FSM's. The "overflow limiter" is on the later cars instead of the little valve thing that is on the FF-1, which I obviously can't replicate properly. But with one of the limiters from the later cars, I can duplicate the system from those cars and it should work fine.

I think its just a two way valve. If I can figure out exactly what it is, maybe I can get something similar from Napa/Kragen/etc.?

Emergency!!!

I need a set of the 1400 Flywheel double washer thingies for locking down the flywheel! The 1100 ones don't match up, nor do the other 1600 ones I have!

I need them ASAP if anyone has a set! (4, one is slightly longer than the other 3)

Emergency!!!

I need a set of the 1400 Flywheel double washer thingies for locking down the flywheel! The 1100 ones don't match up, nor do the other 1600 ones I have!

I need them ASAP if anyone has a set! (4, one is slightly longer than the other 3)

Help is on the way! :burnout:

Mark