Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Documented: The 1970 FF-1 Project car...

Idealy - have a glass hood laid up and cut out for the stacks , make a scoop. Sounds like a lot and its not cheap but possibly worth investigating given the need for work in many shops these days. I'm thinking around $300 - 400 gets you the hood ready for you to do the rest and paint. That's a hood blank , you'd apply hinges ,etc.

Just a thought. You're going to be sporting a semi hotted up rig (compared to stock) , a little extra mustard on it would look pretty cool.

Good luck and of course we're all behind you on this. :headbang:

Got a little ahead of myself again :)

enginebits2.jpg

enginebits3.jpg

Enginebits1.jpg

A few parts are actually installed permanently, like the water pump, intake manifold, alternator brackets, etc. Don't have the distributor on 100% yet but I wanted to check the plug wires and how they lay out among other things.

Oh and ignore the squished oil filter, thats just for break-in.

Looks awesome man! Keep at it! I absolutely understand the frustrations with the little problems. Sometimes you have to just leave it, and do something else. That's where I'm at with my 4runner project now.....but I'm not giving up. It'll get done sooner or later.

Does anyone have the clip for the throttle cable from any of the 70's Subaru's?

The brand new throttle cable I have which fits perfect doesn't have the clip, and the original throttle cable was different with this car. Nobody seems to have the correct sized clip!

Its kind of like a brake line clip, but smaller...

well dude. it took me three freekin hours, but i found the clip, its on its way

Awesome!

I've got the clutch all connected now, and that clip was the only thing holding me back from connecting the throttle to the carb.

I think I'm getting close to time to start wiring everything.

Ah good, thanks. I don't have much wiring experience, so I'm trying not to make any mistakes...

Anyway, couple photos from today. I've got the vacuum lines and such all sorted and a couple other things done.

Also got the air filter to fit now... JUST BARELY!

moreenginework1.jpg

moreenginework2.jpg

moreenginework3.jpg

filterclearance.jpg