Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 7 votes

Documented: The 1970 FF-1 Project car...

• Please log in to reply
1585 replies to this topic

#1576 AWD J3wman

AWD J3wman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Richfield, MN

Posted 08 July 2014 - 10:51 AM

btw for the center caps I choose F, as it is the most period correct. MN is like an ancient indian burial ground for miscellaneous subaru parts, you'll never find a complete car but you'll find a farmer with a EA82 he has been using to pull around his generator or some old subaru parts at a swap meet.

#1577 Subie Gal

Subie Gal

GC84Ever

• Members
  • 1,438 posts
  • WA

Posted 08 July 2014 - 10:55 AM

btw for the center caps I choose F, as it is the most period correct. MN is like an ancient indian burial ground for miscellaneous subaru parts, you'll never find a complete car but you'll find a farmer with a EA82 he has been using to pull around his generator or some old subaru parts at a swap meet.

Already refreshed and installed the center caps that came with the Enkei wheels. 

I need to get an updated photo. They look okay. Still not my favorite - but a lot better than nothing at all. ;)

#1578 Kostamojen

Kostamojen

From FF-1 to BRZ!

• Members
  • 1,691 posts
  • Roseville, CA

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:27 PM

I realise it would not be easy or cheap... But I wish the rear wheel arches could be put back to OEM... You seriously have to lower the rear!!

The stock fenders severely restrict what size tires/wheels you can fit on the car with the wagon-style suspension on this '70 model.  Plus the stock fenders were in bad shape and fugly :P  All the other FF-1s can keep their stockers.

#1579 Kostamojen

Kostamojen

From FF-1 to BRZ!

• Members
  • 1,691 posts
  • Roseville, CA

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:28 PM

So much that I do not believe I can make OEM - the arches were completely modified. 

Heck, I don't even have anywhere to mount up seat belts as the mounting holes were cut and filled  :D  :P

Sorry bout that...  The holes disapeared with the rest of the bodywork that had to be redone for side sills.  Never planned on using the stock belts :(

Edited by Kostamojen, 11 July 2014 - 03:28 PM.

#1580 Subie Gal

Subie Gal

GC84Ever

• Members
  • 1,438 posts
  • WA

Posted 12 July 2014 - 08:41 AM

Sorry bout that...  The holes disapeared with the rest of the bodywork that had to be redone for side sills.  Never planned on using the stock belts :(

Not a problem... we drilled (gasp!!!! ahhhh!!) new holes and she has belts again. (new belts too! did not re-use the old belts)

I finally got the courage to just do eeet! 

#1581 Subie Gal

Subie Gal

GC84Ever

• Members
  • 1,438 posts
  • WA

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:05 AM

She had a blast this weekend and much to my delight, people really loved her  :wub:

#1582 Legacy RallyGuy

Legacy RallyGuy

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Dublin, Ireland

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:19 AM

What type of stuff do you have on the board (on the tripod)?  I love when car owners/builders do that!  It's fun to see before and afters pictures!

#1583 Subie Gal

Subie Gal

GC84Ever

• Members
  • 1,438 posts
  • WA

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:59 AM

What type of stuff do you have on the board (on the tripod)?  I love when car owners/builders do that!  It's fun to see before and afters pictures!

I'll snap a photo of it for you! :)

I scanned in some of the old brochures and the spec sheet, blew them up along with a few photos of the car and made a poster out of it.

Oh!  And check out her new floor mats.

Fit surprisingly well being that they are from a BRZ!!  :P

Here is a shot of the center caps installed as well.... they look okay? right?  :unsure:

#1584 Leeroy

Leeroy

Old boxer tricks!

• Members
  • 447 posts
  • Albury, NSW, Australia

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:39 AM

Yep, they look OK... However you need some badges! Here is a good place to make your own: http://www.heko.co.uk/index.html

They have some for Subaru and the finished results are excellent quality. I have a set, in blue, on my '74 DL and they still look fantastic.

#1585 Subie Gal

Subie Gal

GC84Ever

• Members
  • 1,438 posts
  • WA

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:39 PM

I still need to get a more detailed photo of the "poster" I made but..... here it is.

I tossed in the photo from one of the brochures of the open trunk with red luggage as I'm trying to match it 100%

I'm missing a red hatbox  :P  - I will find one sooner or later!  :D

#1586 Loyale 2.7 Turbo

Loyale 2.7 Turbo

The Mighty "BumbleBeast"

• Gold Subscribers
  • 5,546 posts
  • Roatán, Honduras.

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:38 PM

Everything you have done to this Subie, is Awesome!

I like that it made it to the Show, I like the Poster, I like how the BRZ floor mats fits...

They look Good and Elegant there.

Kind Regards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users