Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subaru Sambar - UPDATE!

There is an identical looking Sambar in Houston Missouri at a dealer for those mini's. he mostly has Suzuki cary's,and Dihatsu's The identical sambar is the dealers personal,He kept it out of a batch.....and refused to sell it.

It has a factory supercharger. cute little thing. rear engine,Inline 4 t/v mounted 360 cc.4X4 6 speed manual.rear to front drive,and electric locking rear diff. a/c ect ect......

Belt driven blower is an option on some sambars both on trucks and vans,on some newer models. very rare to find an imported used one here. He claims it will go 100 KM . I believe him, I seen it going down the road it it was cruising good at what looked like 55-60 mph.:burnout: :burnout:

We have one of those right here in Morristown. About 10 miles from here... it's for sale too. $4500 is an awful lot for a radio flyer with a motor though...

True, but at least it's a practical Radio Flyer.

Can you guys actually license these for road use in your states? I thought pretty much all states had a "offroad use only" for these things? I saw one similar in Priest River, ID, but I think it was a farm license.

A couple of Sambar vans in Van:

http://vancouver.craigslist.org/car/426878037.html

http://vancouver.craigslist.org/car/426255768.html

Another in Burnaby:

http://vancouver.craigslist.org/car/423896844.html

Pick-ups in Whiterock:

http://vancouver.craigslist.org/car/415855555.html

I simply do not see that they are worth the asking price, but to each his/her own, parts here (east coast) are but a dream (as in hopeless).

oh yeah speaking of Rod Run... I got stuck in that freakin traffic. It SUCKED. BIG TIME. Anyway... wow, a hyubusa engine would... launch that thing in the air probably. I bet they have a HORRIBLE ride. I jumped up on the back of it and the dang thing didn't budge but an inch.

You could tell it was a hot rod show just by pulling into Sevier County. All those old hot rods running rich you could really smell it in the air. I seen about 1,000 El Caminos and a frame for a Shelby GT 500 that the dude wanted $95,000.

WOOO-HOOOO!

Got a ride in a Sambar today! Not the one in the picture, though. Turns out one of my clients bought one, and he showed up in it today. Didn't get to go far (and he drove), but it seems MUCH more liveable than the Suzuki I drove. It's having a stalling problem now, but I'm wondering if it has anything to do with his driving style (5th gear at 25mph? yeah, it'll do it - but WHY?)

Anyways, I jokingly told him if it keeps acting up I'll give him $500 for it (he-he).

No locking diffs on this one, no supercharger, but it still has the "EL" extra-low gear.

So, they say they come 7 to a box... Who wants to go in on a container? If 7 of us wanted one, and one of us got the info, we could all just go ahead and order a container. Ship it to one of our shops/ farms and then everybody can come and pick there's up! How much do you think one (or 7) would end up costing? Its an idea...:rolleyes:

Does kinda sound like buying a crate of matchbox cars! Kinda is! It would be fun, but one of has to go ahead and talk to these folks and see what a container of 7 costs, all said and done... Who wants to guess? I say 30k. Thats like 4200 each... Thats still alot for a matchbox!

So, anyone who uses an ATV for hunting and is tired of freezing their nutz off will be very interested in these at the going price. Easy to lift, you can use ATV tires (maybe some ATV wheels, too?), and HEAT! Not to mention you can throw your gear, deer, and beer right in the back. Plus, I think one of these will fit in the bed of a full-size for transport.