Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Reno-Tahoe Wrenchfest...

I have weekends off only and I work 11 hour days during the week. But if you guys set something up for the weekend I'll try and be there.

I am busy Saturday the 6th and Saturday the 13th. Sunday would be better for me.

I only have internet access a few times a week. So give me a call guys. Oh and my phone number changed, I'll send everyone a PM with the new number.

Oh and the snow already started to fly!!!! LOL :headbang:

I got weekends off. Sunday is out of the question cause I wanna check out your guys junkyards... so either Saturday or a Monday. I can pretty much get any day off I want cause im the man! :)

-Brian

Hey Brian. The pic and pulls are closed on Sunday here. Seems most other yards are too. Try a Saturday. Cheers. Dave.

Sunday is out of the question cause I wanna check out your guys junkyards.

Yup, i know all too well. I once drove the 2 hour trip from Sacramento to Reno on a sunday to find the Sparks location was closed. Then drove from Sparks to Carson City to find they were also closed. Then drove another 2 hours home. But me and NV Zeno did have a decent lunch in Tahoe that day... guess the trip wasnt an entire waste of time.

Looks like you already grabbed the part I was after (your LSD thread in the Gen. Forum). But I gotta head up to Jibs house and grab some stuff... also wanna help him with his new project. Just gotta wait until one of my vehicles is up for the trip:

Legacy: Needs new tires BAD

Truck: No tags, not a comfortable drive for 2 hours

'78 Wagon: Doesnt run quite right, no way I can trust it to get me there and back.

-Brian

Too bad I work weekends, I'd like to come up and meet some more people from the board. I might be able to swap with a coworker for a weekend so let me know what days and I'll see what I can do and possibly caravan with Brian as he's only an hour from me. which way would you go up Brain, 50 or 88?

Neither. I hate traveling 50, and 88 will be closed shortly. I take 80 into reno. Jibs lives up highway 395 north of Reno (or west, northwest).

-Brian

Yeah, we usually meet someplace in Reno. Kinda centrally located, and only 30~40 minutes from me.

I'd Like to get to meet some of you local guys. My schedule changes constantly but let me know And Ill try. :headbang:

**edit '81 parts waggon ready for scavenging :grin:

croak

I could always use a few misc EA81 parts :lol: . Hey Croak, are you still interested in those plastic Wagon Wheel rings?

I live in between. Im probably as close to 50 as I am 80, however if we traveled up 50, it would take us to carson city, then its another hour to reno.

Taking 80 is also alot faster as I can cruise at 85+, whereas 50 is 35+ past Icehouse road, and 2 lanes... twisty and im usually stuck behind a motor home or a 70yr old.

-Brian

Well I am moved into my new place and I have internet again!!! So I'm BACK! Sundays work better for me if we are going to have a meet thing.

What the heck (no pun intended:rolleyes: ), how about this Sunday, 21st? No snow or rain in the forecast.

Yeah the 21st should work. How about the rest of the crew?

If not a wrenchfest, maybe some light wheeling before the snow flies. (My rig could always use a new axle or two:lol: :lol: )

Most of the USFS trails around Tahoe are already closed:( .

No wheelin for me in the Legacy.

And I stated above Sundays wont work for me... your guys yards aren't open :-\

-Brian

I'm also off tomorrow. We can hit the local yards Saturday, and meet with the rest of the guys Sunday...