Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

head gasket part number

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 cls1000

cls1000

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • pittsburgh

Posted 28 September 2007 - 10:33 AM

so i'm getting the head gasket job done on my 01 legacy, and the part number for the gasket's i received is 11044AA632, can anyone confirm if this is the newest revision? just curious......thanks....

#2 rzirker

rzirker

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Athens

Posted 28 September 2007 - 02:26 PM

If it is the 2.5, then yes, that is the right part number.

#3 svxpert

svxpert

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 777 posts
  • East Coast

Posted 28 September 2007 - 06:45 PM

<<so i'm getting the head gasket job done on my 01 legacy>>

hopefully the place your getting it done at has tried the coolant additive before jumping to the $$$conclusion of replacing the headgaskets.

#4 cls1000

cls1000

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • pittsburgh

Posted 28 September 2007 - 09:10 PM

<<so i'm getting the head gasket job done on my 01 legacy>>

hopefully the place your getting it done at has tried the coolant additive before jumping to the $$$conclusion of replacing the headgaskets.

I put in fresh subaru coolant w/ the additive, it made no change whatsoever. It's not really leaking per say, but you can smell it, and every now and then I can see the wet spot on the rear of the drivers head...so it def. needs it. It's got 120k on it, so it needs a timing belt and water pump and such anyway, so i figured i'd throw those in there as well....just was curious as to if I had the latest and greatest you know? The guy at the parts dept. said they were, but I've yet to really find a person at any dealership that really knows what's going on......so it can never hurt to do your own research...

#5 nipper

nipper

Semi Elite Master of the

• Members
  • 17,500 posts
  • Long Island NY

Posted 28 September 2007 - 09:16 PM

I put in fresh subaru coolant w/ the additive, it made no change whatsoever. It's not really leaking per say, but you can smell it, and every now and then I can see the wet spot on the rear of the drivers head...so it def. needs it. It's got 120k on it, so it needs a timing belt and water pump and such anyway, so i figured i'd throw those in there as well....just was curious as to if I had the latest and greatest you know? The guy at the parts dept. said they were, but I've yet to really find a person at any dealership that really knows what's going on......so it can never hurt to do your own research...

Parts guys usually know. Service writers are clueless for the most part. I was one for a very short time and amazed how the blind were leading the blind.

nipper

#6 legacyak

legacyak

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 09:33 PM

Just out of curiosity how much did you pay for everything? I'm looking to get it done in my 00 Outback and am curious to what you paid.

#7 cls1000

cls1000

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • pittsburgh

Posted 01 October 2007 - 08:45 PM

Just out of curiosity how much did you pay for everything? I'm looking to get it done in my 00 Outback and am curious to what you paid.

I got a complete gasket kit online for like $150 and I also got the water pump, timing belt, misc. seals blah blah blah from another place. I got a guy doing the headgaskets/water pump/timing belt job for around $200 which seems like a good deal compared to what alot of people i've read spend.....the motor has a pretty loud knocking type sound at startup and tends to get pretty quiet after driving around for awhile, but never seems to go completely away, so i'm hoping it will be all right....might need to get a new tensioner for the t-belt as well, we'll see.....my last 2 roo's both had the 2.2, and I never had to touch them....the 2.5 def. has a hell of alot more power, but not to excited about the lack of reliabilty on these from what I've been reading....It's going to be painful to get rid of my 98 2.2 wagon...bulletproof.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users