Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Colo. end of Season BBQ OCT 20 - final details - Who/what/when

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 BeefaRu

BeefaRu

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 304 posts
  • Denver

Posted 04 October 2007 - 12:23 PM

I'm shooting for around 11am start time. Does that work for everyone?

STUFF STILL NEEDED

snacks? -- we could use some snacks, I can pickup stuff for smores
side dishes? -- Girlfriend is doing cupcakes

WHO'S COMIN' - WHAT THEY'RE BRINGING

Me -- cupcakes, plates/utensils, condiments, fire spears
Dr Krazy -- will bring BBQ/smoker
Eyesore -- you still want to come?
JeffFast -- bringing beverages & a dog
Jerry Demoss -- can bring small propane BBQ if needed
KingBobDole -- bringing burgers and dogs, buns and cheese
Offroadsubaruguy -- cancelled due to work & thus the buns are cancelled
Shawn W -- is coming "I can pickup stuff for smores"
Toms Brats -- bringing firewood
Yeti -- he's coming, but no word on salmon
Yo Danny C -- is coming

SAID THEY'RE CURIOUS/INTERESTED IN COMING

J2coe
Dave Valiant

#2 BeefaRu

BeefaRu

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 304 posts
  • Denver

Posted 04 October 2007 - 03:41 PM

Kingbobdole
Would those skid plates your selling fit on my wagon? Bring em to the bbq & we can check it out.

#3 TheYeti

TheYeti

Carp in Denim!

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • Arvada

Posted 05 October 2007 - 08:32 AM

I confirmed it with the wife last night. The Yetifolk will be there with salmon in paw.

#4 BeefaRu

BeefaRu

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 304 posts
  • Denver

Posted 06 October 2007 - 12:25 PM

I'm going this weekend the 13th or the 14th weather permitting. Who's in?

Start here:
Posted Image

End here:
You can 4WD right to the edge of a 1.5 mile long 2000 foot "cliff" at 13,000 feet overlooking two 14k peaks and mt kelso (on map)
Posted Image

#5 jeffast

jeffast

f*** im 24

• Members
  • 2,029 posts
  • midwestren

Posted 06 October 2007 - 10:44 PM

i'm a broke poser but i'll pitch in a few cases of tasty non alcoholic beveradge,
but i'll be there for the bbq, and pimping colorados favorite 5speed svx!!

#6 kingbobdole

kingbobdole

Mr. XT-6

• Members
  • 1,647 posts
  • Longmont

Posted 07 October 2007 - 02:43 AM

Jeff.. Don't be stealing cars! geeze.

Me? skidplates? what?

and I'll bring some burgers and dogs:Flame:

#7 kingbobdole

kingbobdole

Mr. XT-6

• Members
  • 1,647 posts
  • Longmont

Posted 07 October 2007 - 11:04 PM

I may be out on wheeling... I broke a lot of crap today!:banana:
Posted Image

#8 ShawnW

ShawnW

Subaru Master Technician

• Administrator
  • 12,923 posts
  • Denver, Colorado

Posted 08 October 2007 - 11:29 PM

Ill try to have mine up and running better than this past weekend by then but no promises. It would help to know that we would be on approved motorized trails . :)

#9 BeefaRu

BeefaRu

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 304 posts
  • Denver

Posted 09 October 2007 - 10:27 AM

Ill try to have mine up and running better than this past weekend by then but no promises. It would help to know that we would be on approved motorized trails . :)

Hey Shawn, I'd be great to have you up for the ride. More fun than doing it alone. Approved motorized trails...... hmm. All I know is a lot of people 4WD those dashed line roads on the map. None of the roads are gated. I've been up there about 3 times myself. It seems to be a common place to 4wd. I've seen SUV's, jeeps, some small pickups, quad sports & motorcycles. The climb off the asphalt and into the first few switchbacks is really the only significant tough spot. After that, its pretty easy going.

You know, if it would make it possible for more people to come, or if we get up there & its too hairy for some of us, we can ditch the 4WD and just cruise up Guanella pass. Either way, its great scenery & fun. --E

#10 Jerry DeMoss

Jerry DeMoss

Pushrods 'O' Fury

• Members
  • 2,408 posts
  • Colorado

Posted 09 October 2007 - 10:34 AM

I would definately go but I doubt my hitachi carbed beast would make it up that way to get me there. I will be in for the bbq though.

#11 BeefaRu

BeefaRu

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 304 posts
  • Denver

Posted 09 October 2007 - 11:29 AM

I would definately go but I doubt my hitachi carbed beast would make it up that way to get me there. I will be in for the bbq though.

Hey Jerry......you're welcome to ride shotgun or drive the Beefaru. It'd be great to have you along. BTW, the hatch looks amazing!

#12 Jerry DeMoss

Jerry DeMoss

Pushrods 'O' Fury

• Members
  • 2,408 posts
  • Colorado

Posted 09 October 2007 - 02:15 PM

Hey Jerry......you're welcome to ride shotgun or drive the Beefaru. It'd be great to have you along. BTW, the hatch looks amazing!

Thanks man I apreciate that very much. I think I would be too nervous driving your very pretty wagon.

#13 ShawnW

ShawnW

Subaru Master Technician

• Administrator
  • 12,923 posts
  • Denver, Colorado

Posted 10 October 2007 - 01:33 AM

Oh, really? We arent talking about a race to the top just a gentle cruise up there!

#14 TheYeti

TheYeti

Carp in Denim!

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • Arvada

Posted 10 October 2007 - 07:47 AM

Don will be there to pull you along, Jerry. :cool:

#15 BeefaRu

BeefaRu

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 304 posts
  • Denver

Posted 10 October 2007 - 08:25 AM

Excellent. Sounds like Yeti (Don) is game & Shawn is up for it. The drive up to Georgetown can be a leisurely as we want, then the trail is definitely subaru style.

Even if he doesn't come, I'm serious about the invitation to ride/drive. There's nothing to worry about with the wagon as far as driving it, the trail just isn't that gnarly after the first 1/2 mile. I can manage whether I'm comfortable with something or not by just switching to driving it myself. No big deal, plus its more fun to have someone along......

Or you can bring your rig & 4wd, or we can have some non-4wd subarus come along & just stroll over Guanella pass. When it comes to doing 4WD by myself, or hitting Guanella pass with company, I'll take the company. Of course if you guys can wing it and do the 4WD that'd be even more fun.

The only unknown here is the condition of the trail. I went to Ouray and rainy season had made a lot of the trails un-doable. We could easily go for 4WD and be shut down. That's why Guanella (or something else nearby) are backup plans.

#16 kingbobdole

kingbobdole

Mr. XT-6

• Members
  • 1,647 posts
  • Longmont

Posted 10 October 2007 - 01:57 PM

I won't be making the 4wd thing this weekend... I have work sat, then on sunday I'm going junking and hopefully replacing the clutch on the Wagon since I finished it off the last meet... Also got to do the a rear axle and a front ball joint.... Other then that my wagon is almost back to par...:banana:

#17 TheYeti

TheYeti

Carp in Denim!

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • Arvada

Posted 10 October 2007 - 03:14 PM

I thought the date was set for Oct 20th. Am I teh Silly Goose?

#18 Jerry DeMoss

Jerry DeMoss

Pushrods 'O' Fury

• Members
  • 2,408 posts
  • Colorado

Posted 10 October 2007 - 03:17 PM

Am I teh Silly Goose?

Yes you are.;)

#19 TheYeti

TheYeti

Carp in Denim!

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • Arvada

Posted 10 October 2007 - 03:19 PM

NOOOOooo!!!

Jerry and Phil are teh silly gaggle of geese!

#20 BeefaRu

BeefaRu

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 304 posts
  • Denver

Posted 10 October 2007 - 03:21 PM

I thought the date was set for Oct 20th. Am I teh Silly Goose?

OCt 20 for the end of season BBQ. This weekend for some actual fun before the end of the season. Whichever day is better weather wise. For now, saturday is looking to be the warmer/dryer day.

Sorry, the post isn't that clear, but long story short, I'd like to get out and have a 4wd trail ride this weekend before the BBQ next weekend.

#21 TheYeti

TheYeti

Carp in Denim!

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • Arvada

Posted 10 October 2007 - 03:23 PM

We have a rather large population of silly geese in this state :cool:

#22 BeefaRu

BeefaRu

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 304 posts
  • Denver

Posted 10 October 2007 - 03:27 PM

Jeff.. Don't be stealing cars! geeze.

Me? skidplates? what?

http://www.ultimates...&highlight=SKID

10TH down on the list. Thanks for the meat offerings!

#23 DrKrazy

DrKrazy

Which one to drive today?

• Members
  • 935 posts
  • Golden

Posted 10 October 2007 - 09:14 PM

We have a rather large population of silly geese in this state :cool:

Yea there is something strange about most of us....something to do with the need to own multiple subaru's? ;) 2 isn't enough...gotta have at least 3-4 :headbang:. Or in my case 5 isn't enough and I really want a 6th :eek: no joke seriously thinking about buying another soon, as the OBW is really starting to tick me off.
As far as this weekend goes...I did actually fix a few things on the lifted sedan and drove it around for the first time in several months this last weekend. It has a tough time climbing I-70 but I would do it at around 50mph if I'm lucky. Only thing is the OBW has been throwing fits all week. VSS went bad, had to replace it and even gave it new tires at the same time. Bad VSS on 96' Auto OBW=No speedo and limp mode (and I mean limp that damn thing barely ran). Now it's throwing mis-fire codes on cylinder 4 the last few days so gotta work on it this weekend and get that fixed. So will just have to play it by ear for me. Jerry if you want you can take my rig if I don't go...EFI FTW! ;) hint hint....

Edit: Whoops I own 5 not 4....LOL

#24 offroadsubaruguy

offroadsubaruguy

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • arvada, colorado

Posted 11 October 2007 - 08:17 AM

depending on when i might be able to make it this weekend, might not, and also the boss is tryin really hard to get me to work next weekend and its starting to look like i might not have a choice, so that will count me out on the BBQ............:mad::mad::mad::mad:

#25 BeefaRu

BeefaRu

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 304 posts
  • Denver

Posted 11 October 2007 - 08:27 AM

depending on when i might be able to make it this weekend, might not, and also the boss is tryin really hard to get me to work next weekend and its starting to look like i might not have a choice, so that will count me out on the BBQ............:mad::mad::mad::mad:

So.....you can make up for that by coming this weekend. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users