Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Colo. end of Season BBQ OCT 20 - final details - Who/what/when

I'm shooting for around 11am start time. Does that work for everyone?

STUFF STILL NEEDED

snacks? -- we could use some snacks, I can pickup stuff for smores

side dishes? -- Girlfriend is doing cupcakes

WHO'S COMIN' - WHAT THEY'RE BRINGING

Me -- cupcakes, plates/utensils, condiments, fire spears

Dr Krazy -- will bring BBQ/smoker

Eyesore -- you still want to come?

JeffFast -- bringing beverages & a dog

Jerry Demoss -- can bring small propane BBQ if needed

KingBobDole -- bringing burgers and dogs, buns and cheese

Offroadsubaruguy -- cancelled due to work & thus the buns are cancelled

Shawn W -- is coming "I can pickup stuff for smores"

Toms Brats -- bringing firewood

Yeti -- he's coming, but no word on salmon

Yo Danny C -- is coming

SAID THEY'RE CURIOUS/INTERESTED IN COMING

J2coe

Dave Valiant

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ill try to have mine up and running better than this past weekend by then but no promises. It would help to know that we would be on approved motorized trails . :)
Hey Shawn, I'd be great to have you up for the ride. More fun than doing it alone. Approved motorized trails...... hmm. All I know is a lot of people 4WD those dashed line roads on the map. None of the roads are gated. I've been up there about 3 times myself. It seems to be a common place to 4wd. I've seen SUV's, jeeps, some small pickups, quad sports & motorcycles. The climb off the asphalt and into the first few switchbacks is really the only significant tough spot. After that, its pretty easy going.

You know, if it would make it possible for more people to come, or if we get up there & its too hairy for some of us, we can ditch the 4WD and just cruise up Guanella pass. Either way, its great scenery & fun. --E

I would definately go but I doubt my hitachi carbed beast would make it up that way to get me there. I will be in for the bbq though.
Hey Jerry......you're welcome to ride shotgun or drive the Beefaru. It'd be great to have you along. BTW, the hatch looks amazing!

Excellent. Sounds like Yeti (Don) is game & Shawn is up for it. The drive up to Georgetown can be a leisurely as we want, then the trail is definitely subaru style.

Even if he doesn't come, I'm serious about the invitation to ride/drive. There's nothing to worry about with the wagon as far as driving it, the trail just isn't that gnarly after the first 1/2 mile. I can manage whether I'm comfortable with something or not by just switching to driving it myself. No big deal, plus its more fun to have someone along......

Or you can bring your rig & 4wd, or we can have some non-4wd subarus come along & just stroll over Guanella pass. When it comes to doing 4WD by myself, or hitting Guanella pass with company, I'll take the company. Of course if you guys can wing it and do the 4WD that'd be even more fun.

The only unknown here is the condition of the trail. I went to Ouray and rainy season had made a lot of the trails un-doable. We could easily go for 4WD and be shut down. That's why Guanella (or something else nearby) are backup plans.

I won't be making the 4wd thing this weekend... I have work sat, then on sunday I'm going junking and hopefully replacing the clutch on the Wagon since I finished it off the last meet... Also got to do the a rear axle and a front ball joint.... Other then that my wagon is almost back to par...:banana:

I thought the date was set for Oct 20th. Am I teh Silly Goose?

OCt 20 for the end of season BBQ. This weekend for some actual fun before the end of the season. Whichever day is better weather wise. For now, saturday is looking to be the warmer/dryer day.

Sorry, the post isn't that clear, but long story short, I'd like to get out and have a 4wd trail ride this weekend before the BBQ next weekend.

We have a rather large population of silly geese in this state :cool:

Yea there is something strange about most of us....something to do with the need to own multiple subaru's? ;) 2 isn't enough...gotta have at least 3-4 :headbang:. Or in my case 5 isn't enough and I really want a 6th :eek: no joke seriously thinking about buying another soon, as the OBW is really starting to tick me off.

As far as this weekend goes...I did actually fix a few things on the lifted sedan and drove it around for the first time in several months this last weekend. It has a tough time climbing I-70 but I would do it at around 50mph if I'm lucky. Only thing is the OBW has been throwing fits all week. VSS went bad, had to replace it and even gave it new tires at the same time. Bad VSS on 96' Auto OBW=No speedo and limp mode (and I mean limp that damn thing barely ran). Now it's throwing mis-fire codes on cylinder 4 the last few days so gotta work on it this weekend and get that fixed. So will just have to play it by ear for me. Jerry if you want you can take my rig if I don't go...EFI FTW! ;) hint hint....

Edit: Whoops I own 5 not 4....LOL

depending on when i might be able to make it this weekend, might not, and also the boss is tryin really hard to get me to work next weekend and its starting to look like i might not have a choice, so that will count me out on the BBQ............:mad::mad::mad::mad:

So.....you can make up for that by coming this weekend. :)