Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Colo. end of Season BBQ OCT 20 - final details - Who/what/when

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 4WD ride is set for this Saturday with a morning departure that we can decide if I'm not the only one. :) Saturday is going to be the warmest and driest. Who's in? The 4wd is a fun ride, plus there's other 4wd and 2wd options nearby.

The BBQ on the 20th doesn't have a start time yet.

YodannyC has to work at 4, I need to take off by 5:30-45 to get to my performance up north.

How about 11am start time? for the BBQ on the 20th It'll be a lunch/afternoon BBQ & I'll get up the latest details soon.

Just watched "modern marvels: 4x4" on the history channel & now I'm psyched about the ride tomorrow. Hopefully I won't be alone on this outing. I'll start PMing if no one posts here soon. I can cover lunch or breakfast for whoever's coming. Drive your own rig, or ride/drive with me -- whatever gets you out there. --E

Just back from a funeral. Thanks for the replies.

Meet at Denny's 9:30am 565 Union just south of 6th ave & Union on the west side. Look for my car in the lot. Bfast or lunch is on me -- you pick. The 4WD ride to one destination is only about 30 minutes - 20 of that is pretty much flat joyride dirt road. Depending on road speed, its 45min to an hour to Georgetown. The 4wd from first destination to the 13k summit is another 30 minutes if it can be done. All in all, not a very long day & I need to be back by 5pm anyway.

Looks like it'll just be me, but I'll pm shawn, jerry and yeti just in case someone gets inspired.

for sure no

Photo-1044.jpg

:dead:

Ouch!

Sorry I didnt make it guys. I am a feeling a little rode hard and put away wet after last weekend. Carnage on the car hasn't been fixed yet. I dented the oil pan HARD in 3 spots, split the sidewall on one of my offroad tires, and still don't have a skidplate solution built yet.

TO DO on the car includes:

Center diff lock controls

Lift engine and subsequently it appears front half of lift kit 2-3". Maybe shortened oil pan as well.

Build skidplates

TIRES, maybe wheels too...not liking the alloys in the rocks...they call them the ROCKY mountains for a reason.

Accessory power drain somewhere on the car.

Ouch!

Sorry I didnt make it guys. I am a feeling a little rode hard and put away wet after last weekend. Carnage on the car hasn't been fixed yet. I dented the oil pan HARD in 3 spots, split the sidewall on one of my offroad tires, and still don't have a skidplate solution built yet.

TO DO on the car includes:

Center diff lock controls

Lift engine and subsequently it appears front half of lift kit 2-3". Maybe shortened oil pan as well.

Build skidplates

TIRES, maybe wheels too...not liking the alloys in the rocks...they call them the ROCKY mountains for a reason.

Accessory power drain somewhere on the car.

I think we are in the same boat here... My TO DO list is quite long as well and as a result y'all be seeing the Rx at the BBQ I'm sure!

I'll bring the buns and the cheese too....

Don't worry about the tunes.... we usually just chat....

Where is this exactly....I thought that there was and addy but I no longer see it.

Glad you said something. I pm'd everyone the addy, but screwed up linking it right.

watch your in box. I'm PMing the addy to everyone.

Letme know what you need.I won't be in town till Saturday. I do have firewood. Thanks Tom

Tom yea definitely bring the firewood.

Been running my rump roast off. I have to pull a double performance today starting in lakewood at 5pm & finishing up at midnight 1am in castlepines tonight, so I'll probably be getting the plates/condiments last minute. No time to spiffy the Beefaru so it won't be as shiny as you remember ha ha.

Gotta get some time here and clean my grill up and throw it in a car. Will probably bring the rig for the fun of it ;), and it won't be clean or pretty but never was :lol: I'll pick up some chips, dip, stuff since I think I need to go pick up some more charcoal for the grill anyways. Anything else needed let me know. Also my iPod is almost always with me if we need tunes...

Jerry will bring you a turbo and downpipe too...

(I can also bring the off-road poster Zap and Tex put together if anyone wants a look :) my rig is on it!)