Ultimate Subaru Message Board

OK. So Red, the $300 94 Leggy Alpine Wagon, has come down with a bad case of clutch failure. The pedal goes in, the fork moves, but there is only a littl resistance on the pedal, showing that the pressure plate is not being pressed enough to sepparate the clutch disk from the fly wheel. Ticks me off because the clutch assy. is only six months old. I'm hoping that maybe the throw-out fork is bent or something.

OK. So Red, the $300 94 Leggy Alpine Wagon, has come down with a bad case of clutch failure. The pedal goes in, the fork moves, but there is only a littl resistance on the pedal, showing that the pressure plate is not being pressed enough to sepparate the clutch disk from the fly wheel. Ticks me off because the clutch assy. is only six months old. I'm hoping that maybe the throw-out fork is bent or something.
I would be willing to bet that. I've seen it happen before on other Legacies. 9 times out of 10, it's the linkage of the clutch that's broken - not the clutch itself.

But it does kinda suck to have to pull everything apart just to get to that little piece of metal!:-\ Anyway, I went to the J-Yard today to se if I could get one. I was working on getting one out, but the yard closed before I could finish. But I did get a new starter and some really nice back carpet (mine was trashed by previous owner), and the nice thing is that all the yards seem to be having the semi anual 1/2 off sale this week-end. Tomorrow, I WILL get the fork out (pun intended), and I might also get the rack and pinion, since mine is leaking and the one ob the donor car at the yard is bone dry.

just move engine and transmission far enough apart to get in there to replace-get spare TO bearing clips as one or both will end up in the 4th dimension during thiis job dealeronly part. I got new fork from dealer for 30 bucks including 2nd day shipping.

fork_001.jpg

fork_009.jpg