Ultimate Subaru Message Board

cap and rotor.....

Buy both, return one..............

Distributor caps are the magic solution to my old EA81. Any time it's running rough-------a cap and rotor cure it every time! It's a no-tools tune up!

Good luck,

Glenn

82 Hatch, well it use to be......:temper:

01 Forester, still is...........:burnout:

Have them pull a stock ignition coil for you and then compare it to yours. One is taller than the other. I can't remember which is which right now but it compare it to yours and then you will know what ignition system you have. Cha-Ching!!

--GoatBoy--

my guess is its a hitachi... when i hit the parts store for a cap for my hatch he asked me that, i had no clue... he said the nippondenso one had been on his shelf for so long it had dust on it, he was right, when he pulled it out it had about 1/2" of dust on it.. so i took the hitachi and was right.

the 83' engine i got outa a 4wd wagon had the nipposdenso disty, the engine in my hatch had the hitachi.. ..

one difference i noticed between caps, is that the nipposdenso cap was numbered for the firing order, the hitachi wasn't..