Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I hit the big 300k mark. This is the first car my dad has owned that rolled over to 300k with pretty much everything original except the stupid transmission we got screwed over with lol.

Here is the first pic I was getting ready :lol:

subaru002.jpg

Then she rolled over :eek:

subaru001-1.jpg

Thanks guys and ya its kilometers lol.

Not really just tell someone that the speedometer unit was change if you plan on selling the car. Mark down the numbers somewhere. Was it fun replacing the speedometer unit lol.

Wasn't that hard once I figure out the proper way to do it. One of the bulbs was blown and I had to take off the whole cluster again a second time. It was a piece of cake the second time around. The way I did it, I unplugged the speedometer cable from the tranny first and I was able to pull the speedo cable and the cluster further out to insert the end into the back of the speedo gauge.

I wonder if we are required to adjust the number to match the original mileage of the car or not? Do we?

Not sure about your area; here in NY, there is a space on the back of the Title, which is filled out when selling/transferring ownership to another person. It has a spot where the odometer reading must be filled in, and it has a box for 'exceeds mechanical limits' (like a 5 digit odometer which has rolled over), and something like 'not actual odometer reading' or something like that for cases like you described. Note that then the title is branded with some statement about 'not actual mileage' or something.