Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Nitrous and Turbo EA81T EA82T

Yeah, I am back from the dead and lurking. Still have not read a whole lot in the way of racing and horsepower since the WJM wars. :lol:

I miss my RX turbo dearly (Pours beer to the ground) since it rusted away. My next step with that car in the way of horsepower was to add a 50-60hp shot of nitrous.

Has anyone done this here and if so, what was your experience with it? I know these cars are ancient but still. I was hoping I had a chance to do that. :mad: Thanks for any feedback on those that tried it. I still have my Techworks parts in my garage, waiting for another turbo model to someday mod up again. Until then...I sit. :banghead:

hey welcome back man. I miss my RX too :( But I dont miss the EA82T. I replaced the car with a Legacy Turbo wagon and needless to say Im not kicking myself.

I have never heard of anyone running Nitrus on their EA series. I have always dreamed of building a EA81 using the EA81T heads, and replacing the fuel injectors with nitrus injectors.

-Brian

welcome back man. i still have the hood with the wrx scoop from your rx in my shed, at least that much of your rx still survives, and i think the body kit ended up out west, colorado last i heard. so at least some of the parts live on after the car was lost.

cant wait to see what you turn out next. was always fun to follow your progress.:headbang:

Hi This is Jerry, well i have seen an XT turbo with nitrus on it. The car took first place in tuff truck 2 years in a row then he got band from running it. The first time the guy hit the button everybody though he blew it up smoke every where. He blew all the smog stuff off of the engine to much crank case pressure. So yeah it can be done:lol: :lol: Thanks Jerry

I'm hoping you're talking about a wet nitrous system, because a 50hp shot of dry will lean out the mix and fry the engine in no time. Wet shot, you might have a chance. It would be fun while it lasted.

I am talking either dry or wet. I have only ran a wet system on one of my XT6s once. It made about 40whp or so on the dyno but the power was not smooth. My #3 cylinder had really low compression on it so maybe that was a factor.

I just wished I had a chance to use the happy juice on the EA82T. Looking for those who has and their feedback.