Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Race report, Buggyroo and the Colorado 200

bigo1966

Thanks for all the advice on the jumping issues and other concerns. Ill tell you this, the cage is stout and ive added more x bracing. My welds are strong.

Now for the good Race stuff......I learned that my front struts were shot after the first jump. So i took it easy over many of the jumps but there were/are quite a few long and low jumps that were badass. The rear air shocks worked like a dream and i had no issues with them. If you want more lift and travel on your roos, give monroe air shocks a shot, they are only 80 bucks for the pair and all air fittings. Ok back to the race. I completed 55 miles of the 125, pretty good ide say. I had to stop racing cause i hit a jump for the camera people harder than i had, came down and managed to rip off the oil psi sending unit. So that was the end of that. After final examination of the car the only other issue is that i bent in one of my strut towers in towards the transmission, only about 1". No big deal. Ill high lift that back out.

Some pics, ill post some video somewhere soon.

http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=107082

Orion

Anyone have the part number for XT front air struts?

Ya know. . . I dig your buggy and would love to see pics of it in action.

But, we aren't allowed to post up the pics of our Toyotas on here, we get bannished to non-soob offroad. That's where this thread should be too. That's why I moved the last one.

Thanks for all the advice on the jumping issues and other concerns. Ill tell you this, the cage is stout and ive added more x bracing. My welds are strong.

Now for the good Race stuff......I learned that my front struts were shot after the first jump. So i took it easy over many of the jumps but there were/are quite a few long and low jumps that were badass. The rear air shocks worked like a dream and i had no issues with them. If you want more lift and travel on your roos, give monroe air shocks a shot, they are only 80 bucks for the pair and all air fittings. Ok back to the race. I completed 55 miles of the 125, pretty good ide say. I had to stop racing cause i hit a jump for the camera people harder than i had, came down and managed to rip off the oil psi sending unit. So that was the end of that. After final examination of the car the only other issue is that i bent in one of my strut towers in towards the transmission, only about 1". No big deal. Ill high lift that back out.

Some pics, ill post some video somewhere soon.

http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=107082

Orion

Anyone have the part number for XT front air struts?

Nice....

Looks awesome. hmm.. I have a spare EA81 sitting in my garage....:rolleyes:

I would abandon the XT air strut system and go with real shocks or maybe some rally struts.

start looking at the real offroad buggy suspensions, converting to an a-arm long travel setup. or just put limiting straps on some new subaru struts. and reenforce the stock ctl arms at least with a 1/4" plate. after i did that to mine, i've never tweaked another ctl arm on a rock.

Ya know. . . I dig your buggy and would love to see pics of it in action.

But, we aren't allowed to post up the pics of our Toyotas on here, we get bannished to non-soob offroad. That's where this thread should be too. That's why I moved the last one.

The only thing about that buggy that isnt Subaru is the Tubing and the Wheels. I dont see why it would be moved?

-Brian