Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Poor Headlighting

driving lights are probably the best bet.

i helped brighten mine by cleaning all the contacts in the fuse pnl, on the lights and the gnd wires. it helped but they still suck. the other option is to reroute wires and use a relay straight off the batt. that'd help a lot.

hook the relay up so it operates with the old switch and uses pure batt pwr to the lights. other than that just use driving lights.

relays aren't too expensive, and you only need a small amount of electrical knowledge to create the circuit, or use a diagram. those are the easiest way to create the circuit.

I just put on a set of Hella lights (four lights)on my 84 wagon $$$$$$. Low beam is 55/65, works great. Tried putting in 100 watt on the high beam. It looks like the wiring and or relay dosn't like the large draw on high beam. I'm going to rewire the high beam with a new power supply and relay.

If you want to go nuts, try to figure out the wiring circuit. Still looking for the ground circuit. banghead:

P.S. After I bought the lights I was told that the larger single lights put out more light that the four light system. :boohoo:

Lol.. GD come up to Fairbanks where its dark for 18 hours a day and tell me my blue/white fog lights are as "seeable" as the yellow ones.. They shine 3 times farther then my yellow headlights with more illumination.

How often do you stare directly at the sun when your driving?

There's more blue/white light in the atmosphere for most of the day then there is "yellow" sun light..

How could peoples eyes be more used to seeing that? :confused:

Originally posted by GeneralDisorder

Blue light is NOT better for visibility, and White is also not optimal. The Sun is more yellow, and your eyes were designed to see in that light. Study's have been done to this effect..... the blue and purple lights just look cool, nothing more.

GD