Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I kill Subarus

when i put a new motor in my 86 a year ago i opted to leave all 3 of my front covers off and i've done extensive wheeling last winter into spring and a couple of trips during the summer and since its started raining hard this fall. during that year the motor has been submerged in water about 8 times and pushed through a deep waterhole with 1 inch thick broken ice blocks once (which i do have pictures of including some of the deep waterholes).

anyway my point is i haven't thrown one of my timing belts yet and i looked at them saturday morning at work checking things out before going wheelin sunday and they still look very good just alittle mud coloring. and they had alot of thick mud thrown at the on sunday too. so its up to you but my covers will never go back on.

just my 1 1/2 cents worth. :grin:

well... they are off for now... I replaced the pulleys(all three) on saturday along with the water pump... up and running again... kept the pulleys I had on it for extras, threw some belts and tools in the car for safety and I'll just see how she goes...

Good job! Thanks for the little cell phone video pic you sent me. Glad to hear it is running again.