Ultimate Subaru Message Board

STI exhaust fit?

milestoempty

So I got a killer deal on an STI exhaust going on. Like $50 bucks for the whole thing. Downpipe, midpipe/resonator, muffler.

Im just wondering what I would nee to do to make it fit. Will the muffler even fit? I know the WRX/STI mufflers are quite large.

What will I need to modify? How should I go about making the downpipe fit the EA82t's turbo?

the downpipe will fit if you change the flange.. and...

I have a WRX downpipe in my EA81T. I had to change the flange over as well as elongate the top/front curve of the downpipe to meet the turbo. the WRX/STI turbos are larger so the front of the downpipe has to be brought forward a little bit.

You also have the option of putting a WRX turbo on your EA82T but that opens up a whole other can of worms. I suggest that you maximize the intake and exhaust flow potential and leave the stock turbo on it, as you seem to be asking about doing anyway.

If you want to commit to it, chop the flange off of the front of the STI downpipe and remove the stock one, see how it lines up. Put a brick or 2 under the car to hold it close to where it needs to go. It slightly reduced the ground clearance in my EA81T coupe but not badly.

Speaking of all this, you *do* know the chop-out-the-bottom-of-the-air filter-box trick, right? :brow:

the downpipe will fit if you change the flange.. and...

I have a WRX downpipe in my EA81T. I had to change the flange over as well as elongate the top/front curve of the downpipe to meet the turbo. the WRX/STI turbos are larger so the front of the downpipe has to be brought forward a little bit.

You also have the option of putting a WRX turbo on your EA82T but that opens up a whole other can of worms. I suggest that you maximize the intake and exhaust flow potential and leave the stock turbo on it, as you seem to be asking about doing anyway.

If you want to commit to it, chop the flange off of the front of the STI downpipe and remove the stock one, see how it lines up. Put a brick or 2 under the car to hold it close to where it needs to go. It slightly reduced the ground clearance in my EA81T coupe but not badly.

Speaking of all this, you *do* know the chop-out-the-bottom-of-the-air filter-box trick, right? :brow:

Mmm no, please inform me :banana:

Never should have mentioned that a TD04 would be a consideration... Ooooh boy.

2381973490067339125S500x500Q85.jpg

Delta 260 cams, rebuilt gen 2 turbo heads, Megan Racing 3" bellmouth downpipe, TD04 turbo, WRX TMIC with Turbo XS BOV, '88 XT spyder intake, Nissan 280ZX turbo injectors, SPFI shortblock, Samco intercooler hoses, AEM cold air intake, plus 3 blown engines.

Unless you plan on getting a good fuel management setup or feel like investing in engines, not much of a worthwhile investment to do serious power upgrades to the EA82T. You can do some (like intake, exhaust, intercooler) but I went through 3 engines and said that I was done.