Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Code 9 on Legacy Air shocks

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rjohn

rjohn

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • North Carolina

Posted 10 December 2003 - 07:51 AM

Has anyone ever had a code 9 on self Dianostics for the air shocks systems.It is suposed to be the compressor relay.Could this cause the system to deflate in all different config,front one time then the rear the next.Robby

#2 Legacy777

Legacy777

• 12,654 posts
  • Houston, Tx

Posted 10 December 2003 - 03:59 PM

Do you know if there is more then one relay? If there's only one relay for the compressor, I would assume you just wouldn't get air, and the whole car would deflate/lower.......unless there's some check valves somewhere that alternate being open and closed......not sure though.

#3 rjohn

rjohn

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • North Carolina

Posted 15 December 2003 - 07:25 AM

I don't if there more.If I leave it inthe Hi postion it takes two days to lower,but just the front. If i leave in the normal postion it lower in the rear in about twenty minutes. Robby

#4 Legacy777

Legacy777

• 12,654 posts
  • Houston, Tx

Posted 15 December 2003 - 09:17 AM

hmmm....that is very bizarre.

may want to ask this question over the legacycentral bbs. www.bbs.legacycentral.org

there's some guys over there with more experience on air susp then myself.

#5 nathan

nathan

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Washington

Posted 15 December 2003 - 08:58 PM

I don't know much about the air system. That's why I converted. I you are interested I have 2 brand new front shocks and 2 good original rears and the whole compressor which works fine(turns on and pumps) the problem was that the car would get stuck all the way up and could not be lowered. I know it was probably just a solenoid on the dump side but I just bought the car and didn't want to mess with the system.
If you are interested I would be willing to entertain offers on any or all parts.

#6 rjohn

rjohn

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • North Carolina

Posted 16 December 2003 - 07:19 AM

How much do you want for all of it?Do you have the controller?Where are you located? Robby in NC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users