Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

14'' tire size

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 joostvdw

joostvdw

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 609 posts
  • Holland

Posted 17 October 2007 - 05:29 AM

I'm getting some 14'' peugeot alloys and was wondering what size tires I can fit to them and if someone had pictures of the different sizes?

I want to keep the speedo readout somewhat normal so I came with these sizes 205/60/14 or 195/60/14, loads of other sizes are possible, but I can't find tires in those sizes :-\

p.s. it's for under the XT, so no offroad tires, they need to be "performance" tires.

#2 paulpicard

paulpicard

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 195 posts
  • Princeton BC

Posted 17 October 2007 - 11:27 PM

Find out the rolling diameter of your current tires and then get some 14"'s of the same diameter - usually can be found at the mfr.'s web site under detailed specs.

#3 Towel Rail

Towel Rail

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • SW CR IA US NA PE

Posted 18 October 2007 - 12:00 AM

There's a little company called "Vredestein" near you that makes good 185R14's. ;)

- Scott

#4 joostvdw

joostvdw

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 609 posts
  • Holland

Posted 18 October 2007 - 02:29 AM

thanks for the effort guys but have you read my post at all (maybe I wasn't clear enough)?

I want wide performance tires the same size as the standard tires, that's 185/70/13, I currently have 185/70/15 or something, too big, that's for sure.

second question was if someone had pictures of 205/60/14 tires, as they may be too bulky.

#5 Davalos

Davalos

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 431 posts
  • Ann Arbor MI

Posted 18 October 2007 - 02:34 AM

Here is a great (and simple) tire size calculator. I think I actually found it on this board somewhere ...

#6 TomRhere

TomRhere

Certified BRAT nut!!!

• Members
  • 3,956 posts
  • Hillsdale, Mi. USA

Posted 18 October 2007 - 04:07 AM

http://i29.photobuck...e/xt6pic1-1.jpg

Not the best pic of them, but those are the 205/60-14 tires you mentioned on my XT-6. It's been converted to coil type suspension. They're Perelli tires. old worn, weather checked, what have you, but they grip good still, or did....

#7 TheSubaruJunkie

TheSubaruJunkie

I'M BAAAAAACK!

• Members
  • 1,921 posts
  • Sacramento

Posted 18 October 2007 - 11:18 AM

Use the tire calculator and punch in your stock tire size. Then find out what 14" tire will give you the same diameter.

Then goto TireRack.com and search for tires matching that size and find one you like.

Ive run tires as wide as 205 on my old Brat, they were 205/50R15.

-Brian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users