Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Rear Defrost

I've heard of that stuff. I have never used it but want to try it. Of course thats if I can visually spot the breaks in my defroster grid. Only the top four or five veins work in my wagon. Its annoying as hell. Its just enough that I can't see anything but the roof of the car behind me. Grrrr

--GoatBoy--

Chances are, the whole grid has issues. When you leave the defroster on too long. the elements become brittle and start to disintegrate.

One fix is to buy a new grid kit (not reccommended). You'll have to remove the old grid, and getting the new one to line up straight can be tricky. If you do it wrong, it might work but will look like sh*t.

The best solution is to replace the glass with one that is known to be good. You should probably get a glass man to do this unless you know what you are doing. Another option is to replace the entire rear hatch. Easy to do yourself, but good luck finding the right color.

good luck, John

Chances are, the whole grid has issues. When you leave the defroster on too long. the elements become brittle and start to disintegrate.

One fix is to buy a new grid kit (not reccommended). You'll have to remove the old grid, and getting the new one to line up straight can be tricky. If you do it wrong, it might work but will look like sh*t.

The best solution is to replace the glass with one that is known to be good. You should probably get a glass man to do this unless you know what you are doing. Another option is to replace the entire rear hatch. Easy to do yourself, but good luck finding the right color.

good luck, John

Nah... why be so difficult? Besides, fraud can get you in trouble. All you've got to do is park it in downtown Troy for a night.

Apparently it helps if you replace all the other windows in the car with plexiglass. That way, it'll help the theives know exactly which window to break. For some reason, they avoid plexiglass windows, along with the windshield.

Would you like a little more (bitter) sarcasm on that? :D