Ultimate Subaru Message Board

restoration mech. ~around MD

Hello. I have an 84 GL wagon, not much spare time and no place to work on it. I'd love to find a shop or a backyard mechanic to do a restoration for me. I live just outside of DC but would be willing to deliver the car a few states away if I had the right person for the job. (I imagine the costs for the work may be more affordable further out from the city/ suburban area I live in). It would be nice to find someone or a shop as passionate about older subarus/vehicles as the members of this group.

Anyone have a suggestion? Anyone interested in doing the work?

Thanks.

Geoff

if you come into frederick, there is a shop in town called givens. they are one of the only shops i know of in this area that will touch anuy kind of rust repair. they are very nice people and the owner has got to be one the absolute nicest people ive ever delt with. i am restoring my 85 brat and they were more than happy to help me out with advice and what not since i wanted to try to do the work myself.

the only other shop i know of is a hot rod shop somewhere north of frederick in thurmont, but i cant remember the name of the place.

you might want to post up some pics of the rust and whatnot you have to deal with.