Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2F1R reverse trike project

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 2F1R Suby/dub

2F1R Suby/dub

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Carson City

Posted 21 October 2007 - 10:59 PM

Hello all. I have posted new pic's of the trike project. To update: the engine has changed to a Honda Goldwing. The front wheel drive transaxel has been changed to an LSD rear differential. The engine placement is now front/mid. The unchanged parts are the Subaru front subframe that makes this possible. To date the parts need to be mated (this was just a check of the layout), and then I can complete the lower frame and the upper framework, then the body and finally fight with the DMV as to what it is. Cheers. Dave Allen.

#2 s'ko

s'ko

RIP

• Members
  • 1,722 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 24 October 2007 - 12:03 PM

saw your pictures. How are you getting the diff to mount to the tranny?

Looks like an interesting solution to having too much weight in front of the axles.

You could probably further modify the rear diff and get rid of the snout and input shaft.

RE: DMV. just make sure that it's under 1500 lbs and that in very piece conversation and on all of the documents you use the word "MOTORCYCLE". Or you could just use the title from the goldwing and register it as a goldwing. In CA, they don't require smog on motorcycles so you can do this w/o even having to go through the hassle of DMV papers for a "specially contructed vehicle" title. Your state might be the same.

BW

#3 2F1R Suby/dub

2F1R Suby/dub

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Carson City

Posted 25 October 2007 - 11:31 PM

saw your pictures. How are you getting the diff to mount to the tranny?

Looks like an interesting solution to having too much weight in front of the axles.

You could probably further modify the rear diff and get rid of the snout and input shaft.

RE: DMV. just make sure that it's under 1500 lbs and that in very piece conversation and on all of the documents you use the word "MOTORCYCLE". Or you could just use the title from the goldwing and register it as a goldwing. In CA, they don't require smog on motorcycles so you can do this w/o even having to go through the hassle of DMV papers for a "specially contructed vehicle" title. Your state might be the same.

BW

Hi. The Goldwing output shaft sits just below and beside the differential. A short driveshaft will passover the crossmember and attach via chain to the diff's input shaft. If I need to reverse the rotation I can do it by mounting the driveshaft using two equal sized gears. I've actually got the DMV pretty much figured out, in theory anyway. You know how they can be. Cheers. Dave Allen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users