Ultimate Subaru Message Board

thermostat Q

JWX

ok, I drop in to Napa today to get a new thremostat for my hatch and I open up the box and theres no jiggle pin in it. I asked the guy about it and he said depending on who made it it might not have one and it will work fine. so I ask will it?

i bought one for the RX at advance, the lady said we have one for $3.99 without the jiggle pin, and we have one for $7.99 and it has a jiggle pin..

so i paid the extra $4 for a jiggle pin, luckily it works like its supposed to.

so to answer your question yes they made them without a jiggle pin.. :D

well, if you want to, drill a hole.....

if you replaced the thermo and tested it in boiling water, I dont see what you have to worry about it sticking open or closed..

Clean your old thermo in rubbing alcohol for about a day (letting it soak, and then rinse it off in hot water..... if your new thermo sticks, just put the old cleaned one back in..

The old one should work fine

well if it sticks open I'll have the same problem I have now and if it sticks closed it will over heat and thats not a good thing, right? thats the only reason I would drill a whole in it so there as some kind of AF moving thru the system