Ultimate Subaru Message Board

scads of parts that need identifying... lots of pics

Okay, this is the bulk of a small cache that my uncle acquired with a warehouse bay full of datsun stuff.

These are only some of the pictures from my photobucket gallery, found here.

Any help IDing this stuff is appreciated; all of it is bound for sale here on the cheap, just to be liquidated. This isn't an official "for sale" post but any offers will be considered.

The turbos pictured are a representative sample. The one IHI I believe is an EA subaru turbo, has a few brothers on the shelf.. The other turbos in the gallery, if you can ID them, thanks. All this stuff is NIB OEM stuff, just been sitting in a garage for 25 years. A dealership closed in the early 80s and thats where this guy got it all... so its EA81 or older.

turbo.jpg

Resizeofheadgasket055.jpg

Radiator, several of these

soobystuff002.jpg

soobystuff001.jpg

Light

soobystuff003.jpg

Hitachi carb, 2 barrel

soobystuff004.jpg

one type of seatbelt

soobystuff008.jpg

another type of seatbelt

soobystuff011.jpg

window regulator? I can't recall, these are older photos.

soobystuff013.jpg

alternator

soobystuff014.jpg

XT6 power mirror, passenger side, red

soobystuff016.jpg

gauge pod

soobystuff018.jpg

AC clutch

soobystuff023.jpg

headlight buckets, LOTS of these, unsure if we have matched pairs or all one side:

soobystuff025.jpg

soobystuff026.jpg

and, shocks.

soobystuff027.jpg

I have a few more photos in the gallery, and a few MORE on my PC, so if you want more better pictures, ask. I should be going back by there sometime very soon, I meant to today but didn't get around to it.

Thanks for any help finding out which cars these go to!

Gauge pod is DL ea81s(and ea71s from that time too) only. The radiator you show is a EA81 radiator. The alt is an EA81/82 alt. Either or. Same thing. Looks like quit the stash of NOS parts there.

Depending on how much you want for one of those radiators i might be interested. Thanks.

I might want a pair of those headlight buckets. The one red mirror is for a XT/XT6. The 2 black seat belts are for a back seat (I think).

Of course, a OEM alternator.

3rd light is for a EA81 Hatch/Sedan.

I cant tell what the accordian looking thing is, unless you take a pic at a different angle. But it still looks odd :-\

You need to take some pics that are a little bit clearer :-p

The second set of seatbelt retractors are Brat jump seat belt retractors. Those are actually pretty valuable as seat belts go, and should definately go to someone that's going to use them in a Brat where they were intended.

You can tell both by their shape, and because those are the only belts Subaru ever used where the retractor is the female end with the release button.

They are comparitively rare in good condition because in many cases they were exposed to weather and were corroded beyond use.

GD

The second set of seatbelt retractors are Brat jump seat belt retractors. Those are actually pretty valuable as seat belts go, and should definately go to someone that's going to use them in a Brat where they were intended.

You can tell both by their shape, and because those are the only belts Subaru ever used where the retractor is the female end with the release button.

They are comparitively rare in good condition because in many cases they were exposed to weather and were corroded beyond use.

GD

i havea set of brat seats but my receaver parts are in very bad condition :( but thats all i need to make mine legal:)

The alt is an EA81/82 alt. Either or. Same thing. Looks like quit the stash of NOS parts there.QUOTE]

I don't think EA81/82 alts are the same. Installed an EA81 in an EA82 or an EA82 in an EA81 (can't remember which way it was) and all the dash lights lit up and the car would not turn off with the key.

The alt is an EA81/82 alt. Either or. Same thing. Looks like quit the stash of NOS parts there.QUOTE]

I don't think EA81/82 alts are the same. Installed an EA81 in an EA82 or an EA82 in an EA81 (can't remember which way it was) and all the dash lights lit up and the car would not turn off with the key.

sounds like an internally regulated alternator being installed in a vehicle with an external voltage regulator. I am guessing the EA81 is externally regulated? It would make sense, around 1980 is when nissan made the shift to internal regulated units, and both cars come with hitachi alternators...

Interesting. Essentially, its a NIB Z-car alternator. :rolleyes: thats about what I figured.

I wish I had a better camera to take better photos, that weren't fuzzy. Truth be told, these pics are six months old, but I haven't bothered to post them because of the poor quality. I was hoping to get better shots, and had procrastinated this far waiting to do so. I got sick of waiting. This CERTAINLY shows me the demand for some of this stuff, so I will get better shots and more information pronto!

I was looking at the turbos:

Resizeofheadgasket056.jpg

The one on the far left is a Subaru Turbo. Doesn't look like its water cooled, so its going to be an Oil Cooled EA81 Turbo, before the retrofit.

The other two are definitely not Subaru applications.

The far left is indeed a Subaru application. The one in the middle is appears to be from an 80's 280Z turbo, and the one on the right is from a 2.2L Turbocharged Ford Probe/Mazda MX-6(which if I remember right, even the Probe had a Mazda motor).

-Patrick

There were two types of EA81 alts. The earlier used external regulators while the later used internal regulators. The internal regulatored ones for EA81s were the same for the EA82s. No difference in output or body size. But as GD said...knowing the vintage of everything here i would say that that is an EA81 for sure..whether or not its external or internally regulated..thats the question.

let me know when you sell the carb, very interested in it, just let me know how much. also the "black acordian" looking thing looks like it is an air intake tube going to the filter

If that carb is for an EA81, it won't fit the '87 you have listed, as it's an EA82. Different bolt spacing for carb mount.

But I'll put in my dibs on it for the '85 BRAT, it needs one......

The far left is indeed a Subaru application. The one in the middle is appears to be from an 80's 280Z turbo, and the one on the right is from a 2.2L Turbocharged Ford Probe/Mazda MX-6(which if I remember right, even the Probe had a Mazda motor).

-Patrick

and that mazda turbo has the same RH5B internals as the VF7 ;)

you can just swap the internals to the housing of a VF7 and in essence have a rebuilt turbo.

edit: just read up on this and it seems this turbo has a bigger .AR on the hotside, perhaps one can swap the housings... would be a nice upgrade...

that instrument cluster/pod is the same as i have in my '92 GL brumby except the speedo numbers are all in different places compaired to my'n(and i have a clock on the lefthand side)...at 100kph/64mph my speedo needle is pointing straight up, and my speedo reads to 180kph...the one in the pic only reads to 140kph.....sorta makes me think that one is out of an EA71

Okay, so let me make this abundantly clear.

This is stuff my uncle wants me to move. Unless I find otherwise in the next couple of days, I will take what price I get for it.. In other words, make me reasonable offers on what you want via PM.

The purpose of the post was initially just to get ID help, but so far:

hatchsub, maybe radiator, need to be positive its an EA81 unit

turbone, maybe headlights.

crazylong is interested in the carb, or tomrhere is, obviously depending on whether crazy can use it.(we are fairly certain its an EA81 carb right?)

subaru guru and durania have both expressed interest in the seatbelts, but I dont want to make this a public bidding war in the old gen forum. I will look into what to do about this, and I will make an official post about that. I had a feeling thats what those were, and anticipated charging a reasonable sum for that, as well as the XT mirror and maybe the carb, but letting the rest go for uber cheap.

Whatever happens, I am not trying to filch anyone and hope to give everyone great deals on great parts. The carb and the alternator obviously need thorough inspection to ensure that they will be in proper working order, since they HAVE sat in a warehouse for 25 years... So anyhow, anyone seriously interested in obtaining what I have already shown, please send me a PM with your email, or an email with your USMB handle. shawnmcarey@gmail.com

Now, this "black accordian thing," if it is the thing in the background of the one carb picture posted.... I think that was just some odd scrap in the background of that picture. I am virtually positive it has been thrown away, and highly doubt it was a subaru part... The only other thing I could see that might be identified as such was what I tentatively called a window regulator? To be honest, my memory fails me on exactly what that part was, and the photo sure doesn't help much. window regulator doesnt seem right to my recollection, but thats all I can say that it looks like.

Regarding the turbos, I GREATLY appreciate the ID of the mazda turbo; the 280ZX one we knew, it was just thrown in for the picture. I suspected oil cooled subaru turbo. This knowledge will help me identify probably six or so turbos or partial turbos.. some of these may be useful for rebuilds, some MAY be useable as junkyard swaps.. those guys will most likely be going for songs, so to speak.

I will get more and better photos as soon as possible, but I am working from 5PM-1AM for the next four days, so it might not be until early next week.