Ultimate Subaru Message Board

scads of parts that need identifying... lots of pics

Could someone give me the dimensions on an EA81 radiator, or possibly a subaru part number?

as far as the seatbelts go, nice guy that I am, I *might* have to go with best offer on that..

When I say they are worth something, I only mean "more than they would cost at a yard". I got a complete set (retractors, and male-bits) from a fellow board member for a very reasonable price. Although this was a few years ago.... I won't say how much other than to note that it was under a "bill" if you know what I mean. They still reside comfortably in their cardboard packing box :( as I have not got my Brat to a state of "finish" where I deam it worthy of them. Same with the jump seats..... someday :confused:

As far as the radiator - if it's an EA81 then it's an '82 or older by the size of the radiator cap.... and it looks too short to be an EA81 unit.... my guy feeling is that it's an EA71 radiator from the late 70's Gen 1 era. Is it a dual core? All EA81 radiators are dual core so if it's single then we know it's for a Gen 1 (I have no idea if Gen 1's were dual also).

GD

THe "accordian" thing is a duct from behind the dash. Looks Subaru to me.

I'm sending a PM with some offers. that rad. looks Ea71 to me too. just scored one from a rad. shop's old inventory for $35 so I'll offer you the same. That's at least a benchmark so if someone wants it more they know what to offer you.

PM coming

Wish I could afford those jump seat belts at this time. I must defer to SubaruGuru. Buying engagement ring this weekend, been putting that off since I bought the BRAT last fall. Ill eventually throw up a wanted ad cause I need the male bits as well being that one side is rusted together, belt and male part.

Ebay would bring a high sum for those.

Kyle.

Wish I could afford those jump seat belts at this time. I must defer to SubaruGuru. Buying engagement ring this weekend, been putting that off since I bought the BRAT last fall. Ill eventually throw up a wanted ad cause I need the male bits as well being that one side is rusted together, belt and male part.

Kyle.

I bought my girlfriend an engagement ring about the same time she loaned me some money for my brat:lol: Congrats:clap:

Kyle.

Hi Kyle;

I have the "male bits" in a cupboard in my garage. You can have them if you want. Consider them an engagement present:) They just need a little cleaning and will be good to go. PM me if you are interested.

Bobby

first off, that last exchange there is hilarious. Maybe I am a *little* to immature with my sense of humour, but maybe I just find more joy in life than you "normals" :-p

Secondly, regarding the carb...

Originally Posted by moosens

looks to be early 70's ONLY it's NOT 360 and it's NOT '74 and later....so it works for me and about 2 other people in the USA.

Actually,I had kind of overlooked it and Todd "Subaru3" was on the phone with me and on the USMB at the same time and caught it. He pointed out a few things like the placement of where the accelerator pump goes and manual choke,etc.

As usual,he's right.Definitely early 70's after the 360 and before the '74 emmisions.But,the 1100 is different.This is for the 1300 and early 1400(mine),

Any input? Maybe I should post a pic of the carb in historic gen.....

first off, that last exchange there is hilarious. Maybe I am a *little* to immature with my sense of humour, but maybe I just find more joy in life than you "normals" :-p

I had to give that a re-read to fully understand what you were talking about. Daeron, that mind of yours' had to come in and ruin it. :grin:

I was looking around in my shed, and it appears I got some brat seatbelts.. just lap belts

I am gonna post in the sale section...

let me know if you want them, and what you offer as I don't know the market for them.

/mike

Michael Dominesey

mikldom@yahoo.com

I want them brat seat belts. :slobber::slobber::slobber::slobber:

Yes, you are almost as immature as I am. I did fully intend ALL the puns that went with it. :eek: Nice to know there is someone out there as silly and twisted as I am :lol: But I really do have the seat belt parts....