Ultimate Subaru Message Board

H6 Impreza...

Guest synapse79

Can anybody give me some insight on the difficulties there may be?

I wanted to try doing a 2.5 swap with my 2.2 until my ol'man got an RS, and i havent been overly impressed with it compared to my 2.2 either. A buddy of mine has an H6 laying in his garage and thats what got me thinking about it. Im not sure if the motor even runs or not or what model it is specifically, but thats what got me going.

Has anybody done work on an H6 and an impreza. I believe the tranny should bolt up, but i dont have any idea if the motor would bolt to the cross member.. and how the electronic issues would work out. Im assuming i would need the ECU to the H6...

The next step i was going to take is to go back out there with a tape rule and see if it would even fit behind the radiator, and look at whatever else i can.

Anybody that can give me any kind of opinion or info it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

jason

Guest wrxsubaru

Which H6 engine are talking about, 3.3, 3.0 or the 2.7. I have seen a 3.3 in a 1 gen legacy, and I have always wanted to do this swap. The 3.3 was extremley cramed into the legacy, the radiator is were the ac compresor was, and I think the 1 gen legacy engine bay is slity larger than a 1 gen impreza.

Guest synapse79

Which ever engine is more likely to work out, or that i can get my hands on...

That was the next thing i was going to look at is length. Im going to measure from where the block mates to the Bhousing to the furthest forward part on the motor, and then see where that comes out in the impreza.

thanks

jason