Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Originally posted by subyluvr2212

Hey Corky and Dennis, the EJ22T block in the Legacy Turbo and 22B are identical, trust me, I'm positive :-)

not to be a smart rump roast or anything...

but i work for subaru, its not an EJ22T block regardless of what people on iclub or nasioc say - this is from SOA engineers, im not relaying bad info...i could walk across the parking lot and look at the car right now.

nomad - do a search for 22B online or something

as corky and i mentioned - its more of like a 2.2 version of the EJ20G, same bore and stroke also from what i remember.

no piston oil jets like our USDM 2.2L turbos also...designation from the VIN tag on the 22B is "EJ22G". another important point is that the engine is specific to that car.

devastatingly fast (have heard 12.6-12.8 1/4 mile) with a torque curve thats really not even a curve at all - just a steady incline. max horse power is at 3K too if im not mistaken.

Ive hear'd time and time again that the EJ22T is not the 22B shortblock. That its a bored out 2.OL closed deck block. Like the one found in the 89-93 2L Legacy RS Turbo (EJ20G) (overseas). And thats it is. The North American ej22T is a bored out 2L EJ20G, they are Identical Blocks, same diameter, same everything other then the cylinder bore. Same Same Same end of question. And as stated the EJ22G (22B) is also a bored out version of the EJ20G. The EJ22T and EJ22G are the same shortblock, but thats it. Other then that the motor is different, ie heads, intake etc. Both have an identical displacement of 2212 cc's. The 22B does have oil injectors to cool the pistons. Does anybody really think for 423 units Subaru would go through the trouble of designing a new block when they have a perfectly fine example sitting in their inventory, that has been proven for 7 years prior to the 22B. Like any corporation they want to make as much money , while spending as little as possible.

Mark,