Ultimate Subaru Message Board

More clutch advice

Ok, shopping around for a clutch kit, Advanced auto sells a perfection brand kit, oriellys sells fenco/fenwick. Both are new. Is there much of a difference between the 2? I'm not going with autozone's stuff. Duralast crap don't go in my vehicles, as thats all they have to offer.

OEM is out because of price(dealer wants an arm and a leg) and no one sells exedy clutches around here. I would rather not buy a clutch off the internet because it seems everytime I order somthing off the internet I get the wrong part, so this leaves me with the two options above.

When i was searching for clutches i ended up with a dealer clutch kit cause it was only 20 dollars more than the ebay kit i was debating. And the Ebay kit would have cost shipping bringing it right up the price of the dealer clutch kit. A clutch kit..no matter where you get it from is going to cost u between 100-140 bucks im pretty sure.

are u serious?!?!?! If you want i can call my dealership sometime this week and see about prices from them..and see if they can ship it directly to you. I kno for a fact that my 2wd subaru clutch kit only cost 140. I cant imagine a 4wd one costing much more if any more.

EA81 4WD clutch kit $160.00 Parts America

EA81 4WD Reman Flywheel $35.00 + 35.00 core Parts America

Parts America = (schucks, Checker, Kragen, Advance, Murrays)

Print out the prices from the website and they will match in the store.

2WD clutch is 7 7/8" 4WD is 8 7/8

make sure you measure it in the store or you will end up making as many trips back and forth as I did:grin:

It's weird I rarely see any 2WD Subes running around and all they stock seems to be parts for the 2WD

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?MfrCode=PHT&MfrPartNumber=MU476801&PartType=244&PTSet=A

My mistake I thought you were talking about EA81

I got the xt6 clutch kit for $140 before I realized I couldn't use the disc with my tranny

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?MfrCode=FEN&MfrPartNumber=NU31144&PartType=244&PTSet=A

They do make you enter a zip code so maybe pricing is different in your neck of the woods. If so I bet you could print one of these and take it in. Those guys are clueless. They don't even have access to the Parts America website, I would be willing to bet that if one were good with photoshop you could set your own prices

EA82 4wd=$225 @ partsamerica

Did you go with their clutch? I'm leaning toward Advance anyway. I alway seem to have a good run with what they sell, with the exeption of axles, and most of them in there actually know what an older roo is. Most other places around here, the guys behind the counter only know legacys imprezas and "that real quick turbocharged car they make"

REMAN AXLES SUCK!!

I bought the EA81 clutch kit for 160.00. The Jury is out however, I had to wait 4 days for them to get the 2WD clutch and another 4 days for the correct one. When I did get the correct one it had a great big greasy hand print across the PP and disc I also was broke so I didn't spring for the flywheel. I cleaned it as well as I could because I didn't want to wait another week with my engine suspended from the ceiling of my garage. Long story short it is slipping and I am sick of looking at that hatch. Hope your project goes more smoothly :D

I'll have to have the flywheel resurfaced. This thing was slipping BAD when I parked it, very unroadworthy. I'll problebly attack this thing next week if I can borrow a hoist for a couple of days, or get a couple of buddy's over for lifting duties. It might be a trick for me to do much lifting with the broken hand I have right now, and I can't go back to work until this damn cast is off, I'll have the time to work on the car.