Ultimate Subaru Message Board

a tribute to ol'e brown

a sad day, my trusty brown 86 could no longer go on. the michigan roads have been hard on her, not only is the subframe badly rusted , but now just above the drivers side radius rod mount, has developed a crack all around the mount. the radiator pooped and the drive shaft scatterd, just too much to fix for a 2 wheel drive 4 door sedan, shes on the hoist now on life support, and i just cant come to terms with it. i know i have to make a decision to pull the plug, so im looking for a ea82 wagon with a blown engine (arent we all), maby she can donate her organs and live on.... godspeed ole brown you will be missed

I have felt your pain and know how you feel ...you are not crazy..Letting go of good old Bucky was hard!! But he lives on now and that makes me happy...Sometimes they just tell you its time.. Keep the good pictures and memories..I know I do..I have a framed pic of Bucky on the wall.

Find a new one and transfer ol'e browns goods...I am sure he will approve

rusty_car.jpg

Don't worry. It'll buff right out.

Hahahaha. Nice.

Well if anyone is interested there is a rust free Loyale in a local jy right now. White wagon with blue interior. No front fenders, lights, or grill. Bad engine is the reason it sits. 5 speed single range too. What a shame.