Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

a tribute to ol'e brown

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ivantruckman

ivantruckman

4 inch lift

• Members
  • 874 posts
  • caro, MI.

Posted 12 November 2007 - 07:21 PM

a sad day, my trusty brown 86 could no longer go on. the michigan roads have been hard on her, not only is the subframe badly rusted , but now just above the drivers side radius rod mount, has developed a crack all around the mount. the radiator pooped and the drive shaft scatterd, just too much to fix for a 2 wheel drive 4 door sedan, shes on the hoist now on life support, and i just cant come to terms with it. i know i have to make a decision to pull the plug, so im looking for a ea82 wagon with a blown engine (arent we all), maby she can donate her organs and live on.... godspeed ole brown you will be missed

#2 ivantruckman

ivantruckman

4 inch lift

• Members
  • 874 posts
  • caro, MI.

Posted 12 November 2007 - 07:22 PM

my wifes laughing but im serious, im thinking i can fix her just one more time. but with respect to her ive got to let her go..
Am i crazy?

#3 BlueTrain

BlueTrain

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 477 posts
  • MisSOULa

Posted 12 November 2007 - 07:45 PM

that's one thing i surely don't miss about living back in michigan. damn salt on the roads. saltier than Ronald's fries. killed way too many a good car, thats for sure.

#4 Major Lazy

Major Lazy

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • Everett, Wa

Posted 12 November 2007 - 07:59 PM

Let her go man (the car i mean)

Just think all the other 86's left on the road are now just that much more valuable :headbang:

#5 calebz

calebz

Andys Coupe killed my cat

• Administrator
  • 7,547 posts
  • Tacoma

Posted 13 November 2007 - 05:06 AM

so im looking for a ea82 wagon with a blown engine (arent we all),

Nope - thats all I've seen every time I have walked through the garage for the past year.Posted Image

#6 Bucky92

Bucky92

Drive Fast, Take Chances

• Members
  • 3,664 posts
  • New Milford

Posted 13 November 2007 - 04:32 PM

I have felt your pain and know how you feel ...you are not crazy..Letting go of good old Bucky was hard!! But he lives on now and that makes me happy...Sometimes they just tell you its time.. Keep the good pictures and memories..I know I do..I have a framed pic of Bucky on the wall.
Find a new one and transfer ol'e browns goods...I am sure he will approve

#7 bratgrl

bratgrl

< My Latest Toy

• Members
  • 175 posts
  • Riverton, Utah

Posted 13 November 2007 - 08:08 PM

A sad day. But the upside is that ALL these wonderful subies are card carrying organ donors. They will live on in our hearts, and in our other subes. A fond farewell to ol'e brown......:)

#8 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

WileE Coyote Super Genius

• Members
  • 2,943 posts
  • West Des Moines, IA

Posted 14 November 2007 - 01:39 AM

it may be hard but let her go. like connie said. sometimes its just time to say goodbye. you can find plenty of subarus needing heart transplants. keep an eye out take whats good and move her on.

Ben

#9 Nug

Nug

Lurker/off-topic poster

• Members
  • 1,966 posts
  • West Point

Posted 14 November 2007 - 03:49 PM

Posted Image

Don't worry. It'll buff right out.

#10 hatchsub

hatchsub

Currently Subaru-less :(

• Members
  • 2,615 posts
  • Guilford

Posted 14 November 2007 - 04:43 PM

Posted Image

Don't worry. It'll buff right out.

Hahahaha. Nice.

Well if anyone is interested there is a rust free Loyale in a local jy right now. White wagon with blue interior. No front fenders, lights, or grill. Bad engine is the reason it sits. 5 speed single range too. What a shame.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users