Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Leaky Sunroof Fixed finally!

It had been leaking for about a year and as it turned out my car was leaking from both the windshield and the sunroof. One of reasons why It had me baffled was that it did not leak all the time and it was more likely to leak if my car was parked up hill vs down hill.

First off I followed all the advice you can find on leaky sunroofs in this message board and I still didn't fix the leak on the sunroof. In fact I pulled out and sealed the sunroof completely twice.

I do want to say that the information I find here about fixing my subaru has been the best over the years so I want to add to the knowled base with what I found.

There are two small plastic pieces on each of the two corners toward the front of the sunroof. These pieces are very low profile and they appear to be designed to catch the droplets of water that come thru at the very corners. Well one of mine was broken. Luckily I one of the pieces was still laying around inside the track area so I glued it back. I also had to stick some smalle pieces of plastic shim stock to trry to rebuild the part to the way it looked. Also used some black silicon to seal all the seams. It helped to be able look at the opposite side to see what it should look like.

It is good to be dry again now that it is raining like crazy in Seattle.

90 Legacy LS

Oh yeah and this car just hit 200,000 miles last month and still running strong.

:banana:

Thanks for the info, I'm hoping to pick up an LS model and it may come in handy!

That being said, keep your eyes peeled for a Legacy (1990+) in your area for me. I've got a friend in Seattle that I want to visit and buying a car in that area would be a good excuse to go. :grin: