Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Vibrating againare you serious?

I had a post before about my dealer having to repaint the inside of my trunk do to rust around the spoiler bolts and they put the old spoiler back on and then vibrating started from there, so then they replaced it with a new one and now it is vibrating again especially when it is cold out. Now here is the deal, the dealer verbally told me they heard the noise and told me that there is nothing further they could do, so on the repair order they put down no problem found no repair made which under warranty purposes you are supposed to state that, I worked at a dealer so I know that so what that did was pretty much dismiss the sitaution, so they said two things actaully, they heard it but put down no noise heard no problem found no reapir made, so I called subaru on the issue and I have another apt with the dealer again next week for the issue I have to drive with the tech or body shop guy to hear the noise that is obvious but not to them. Shady situation to me but pissed off at the dealer big time. Could it be the spoiler or the trunk making this noise remember the trunk was removed to fix and repaint.I would appreciate as much feedback on this sitaution as possible. thanks:mad:

Ok - I'm about sick of this foolishness:

Now here is the deal, the dealer verbally told me they heard the noise and told me that there is nothing further they could do, so on the repair order they put down no problem found no repair made which under warranty purposes you are supposed to state that, I worked at a dealer so I know that so what that did was pretty much dismiss the sitaution, so they said two things actaully, they heard it but put down no noise heard no problem found no reapir made, so I called subaru on the issue and I have another apt with the dealer again next week for the issue I have to drive with the tech or body shop guy to hear the noise that is obvious but not to them. Shady situation to me but pissed off at the dealer big time.

This is NOT all one sentence. Learn to form sentences, and use the proper punctuation and spelling or you aren't going to get many people to read your rant - let alone give you advice or their opinion. I feel your frustration, but you need to slow down and make yourself understood. Communication is key - both here, and with Subaru. Sound like a fool, and sure as $hit you'll be treated like one too.

GD

How can a spoiler cause so much grief??!!!!! Maybe you should look into taking it apart yourself.

It is amazing isn't it? I would love to get into it myself but not sure if it would void warranty in case something further happens, if I had a garage that would be cool also, but very cold here now and tough to do ya know, thanks for responding man!

Well hold on there, Im lost, when does the noise happen when your moving at a high rate of speed, like 40ish or does it happen when your at idle or all the time or what?

Hi thanks for replying man! It happens in the cold ok, and when you put car in gear and start off, and at a steady speed of at least 30mph ,and also when I am stopped at a light or sign you can hear the vibrating in the rear bad when I am at idle. Much more pronounced in cold then warm.

Ok - I'm about sick of this foolishness:

This is NOT all one sentence. Learn to form sentences, and use the proper punctuation and spelling or you aren't going to get many people to read your rant - let alone give you advice or their opinion. I feel your frustration, but you need to slow down and make yourself understood. Communication is key - both here, and with Subaru. Sound like a fool, and sure as $hit you'll be treated like one too.

GD

Yeah at that time I was so pissed, and didnt care about anything had rapid thoughts.

Just my 2cents worth, but it sounds like your dealer isn't going to cover this under your warrantee anyways. That being the case, you can just fix it yourself.

If it were mine, I'd get some rubber, like from an inner tube, and cut it to the size & shape of the spoiler mounts. Then bolt it between the spoiler & trunklid. This will damp any vibrations, and seal the spoiler to the trunk. If the noise continues after this fix, then I'd rule out the spoiler as the cause. Could your jack, or lug wrench be vibrating? Any non-stock items in there?

Just my 2cents worth, but it sounds like your dealer isn't going to cover this under your warrantee anyways. That being the case, you can just fix it yourself.

If it were mine, I'd get some rubber, like from an inner tube, and cut it to the size & shape of the spoiler mounts. Then bolt it between the spoiler & trunklid. This will damp any vibrations, and seal the spoiler to the trunk. If the noise continues after this fix, then I'd rule out the spoiler as the cause. Could your jack, or lug wrench be vibrating? Any non-stock items in there?

Exactly how I would proceed before running in circles, screaming and shouting.

Hi thanks for responding man! Yes the dealer is going to honor taking care of it, also since it was done this year under a parts warranty/body shop deal. I do indeed like your solution I was thinking about that witht he rubber, but being so cold out and no place to deal with it I dont know really where I could do it. My trunk is empty but I will check those items in there thats a good idea thanks man.